Custom Fields are user-defined prompts/questions that are created to add custom data or information to further define Organizations, People, Orders and Jobs. There is a limit to the number of Custom Fields that you can create; you can have up to six custom fields for each area (Organization, Person, Order, Job).
Custom Fields (Settings > Custom Fields > +Add New)
Add Custom Field
- Prompt: Enter a descriptive name for the data you want to receive.
- Entity: Assign this custom field to appear in Organization, People, Orders or Jobs.
- Sequence: You can have up to six (6) prompts each for each entity; the sequence determines the order in which the custom fields will appear.
- Tooltip: Create a Tooltip that your users can select for instructional data for this field.
- Character Limit: Use this field to set a character limit.
- Prompt Types:See below
- Text Field: Allow the user to enter alphanumeric data.
- Drop Down: User-defined alphanumeric data that will be selected from a drop-down window.
- Radio Buttons: User-defined alphanumeric data that will be selected using the appropriate Radio Button.
- Required: By selecting the required check box you will set the custom field to be a required field, and must be filled in by the user, in order to save.
- Defaults or Options: As shown above you have the ability to create a drop-down list, a list of radio buttons, or leave blank when using the text option.