Important: User Groups must be setup BEFORE creating Users in PrintJobManager.
In this document, we will cover how to Create/Edit/Delete User Groups (Security Permissions). All Users are required to be assigned to a User Group. Multiple users can be assigned to the same User Group a good example would be, all of your Customer Service Representative could be assigned to the "CSR" User Group, all of your Sales Representative could be assigned to the "Sales" User Group. You can also create a User Group for an individual user if they require a unique set of permissions.
Your PrintJobManager subscription has come preloaded with 4 User Groups, Customer Service Rep, Production Personnel, Sales Rep and a SUser (All Rights-Administrative User). Please check these Preloaded User Groups to make sure they meet your specific requirements, before assigning Users to them.
(*Denotes Required Field)
User Groups - Main Menu (Main Menu > Settings > User Groups)
User Groups - Main Menu - Overview (Main Menu > Settings (A) > User Groups (B))
Main Menu - Overview
- Gear Icon: Selecting the Gear icon will allow you to hide any Deleted User Groups from the view. If you need to reactivate a deleted User Group Check uncheck Hide Deleted checkbox.
- Select Default: You can select which User Group will be the Default configuration when setting up New Users.
- Enter Search Terms: To search for a User Group type in the first couple of letters of the User Group's Name or Description you are looking for and select the Search Icon the system will show all User Group, Name and Description data using the values you entered. The more data you enter into the Search Terms field a quicker and more accurate Search will be achieved.
- +Add New: Use this button to create a New User Group.
- Name (Column): Shows a listing by the Name of the User Group, by clicking on the Name header you can sort by Ascending - Descending (Alphanumeric Order). by selecting the Filter icon you will have multiple Filter/Sort options.
- Description (Column): Shows a listing by the Description of the User Group, by clicking on the Name header you can sort by Ascending - Descending (Alphanumeric Order). by selecting the Filter icon you will have multiple Filter/Sort options.
- Edit icon: To Edit a User Group select the Edit icon located on the left side of the User Group you would like to Edit.
- Delete icon: To Delete/Hide a User Group select the Delete icon located on the left side of the User Group you would like to Delete/Hide.
If you have questions or need help, please open a support ticket by selecting this link Aleyant Support