Before Entering or Uploading Materials you will need to have the Material Categories and Material Bins set up. for instructions on how to setup Categories & Bins Click Here
In this document, we will cover how Create/Edit/Track/Delete Materials. Materials will consist of consumable and non-consumable items such as Paper, Large-Format Roll Stock, Large-Format Board Stock, Cartons, Inks & Coatings, Customer Stock, Pre-Printed Materials, etc. Materials will be used to create Product Engines that provide the calculations for Estimates and Jobs.
Materials are user defined allowing you to create Materials that meet your specific needs. There are Preloaded Materials in your PrintJobManager application, you can Add/Edit/Delete these Materials, please take some time to plan before creating your materials, the naming conventions you use can make searching for materials very quick and very easy.
Material Name Examples...
- Wire-O 1/2" Red, Wire-O 1/2" Blk (Assigned to Category - Binding Types) / BC-250 / BC-500 (Assigned to Category - Cartons/Boxes)
- #80 Gloss Cover White - 13x19, #100 Dull Cover White (Assigned to Category - Digital Cover) / 1/2 Foam Core - 60x120, .008 Cintra 48x96 (Assigned to Category Large Format - Flat)
Materials (Main Menu > Materials > Materials)
Materials – Menu Overview (Main Menu > Materials (A) > Material Categories (B) > Materials)
- Options (Gear) Icon: By selecting this you will open a drop-down list with (5) options…
- Hide Deleted: If the check box is activated this means that all deleted materials will NOT be shown, if the Check box in not activated you will see ALL materials that are Active and Deleted.
- Hide Expired: When setting up Materials you will have the option to set an expiration date for specified materials. When a Material expires it will no longer be available to utilize in a Product Engine. If the check box is activated this means that all Expired Materials will NOT be shown, if the Check box in not activated you will see ALL materials that are on, or past the assigned expiration date.
- Print Report: Selecting this option will download a report of Material Bins and the items assigned to that Bin along with their respective quantity levels.
- Export to Excel: this will download an Excel Spreadsheet containing all of the material data. This spreadsheet can be used to make bulk changes to all materials, and then re-imported to update your material data.
- Import Materials: This option contains the Material Template that can be downloaded and filled out for 1st time users to Import Materials. It also contains a “Choose File” option that you will use to locate the newly Created, or Edited Material excel file to upload into PrintJobManager.
- Enter Search Terms: Is a dynamic search option, by entering in the full name, or partial name of a material or category. This is where using set naming conventions for materials can make searching for items easy to do.
- Add New: This will open a new window allowing you to manually create a new Material Item.
- Name (Column): Will display the Material Name.
- Organization (Column): Will display the Customer/Organization that the corresponding Material has been assigned to.
- Inventory Level (Column): If Material Tracking has been activated for a specific item, the Amount on Hand will be shown in this column.
- Category (Column): Will show the Category that the Material has been assigned to.
- Expires On (Column): Will show the expiration date for the specified Material.
- Edit (Icon);
- Delete (Icon): Will Delete/Hide selected Material
- Material Transaction (Icon): opens the Material Transaction screen allowing you to view transactions by data range, and create Material transactions for the specified Material.
- Page view (Navigation): Use the directional arrows to go forward/back a page, or directly to the beginning or end. You can also select the page number you would like to view.
- Items per Page: You can select the number of Materials 5,10,25,50, shown on 1 page from a dropdown list (10 items per page is the default)
- Number of Materials being viewed of total number of Materials: Reference only.
Materials - Add Manually(Main Menu > Materials > Materials > Add New (Fig.1 - #3 Above))
Materials - Add Manually (Main Menu > Materials > Materials > Add New (Fig.1 - #3))
You have multiple options to create materials in PrintJobManager, you have the option to Import and Manually Add/Edit Material the data.
Please use the Information icon for updated data.
Figure 2 (Above), is an example of a typical material with multiple Price Ranges. If you are manually entering Material data, you will enter the initial pricing data in the Pricing Data Group (Fig2 - A) on the lower right hand side of the upper console and the price group for that item will be set as Default. Once a Material is created you will view the Pricing Ranges (Fig.2 - B), The initial Pricing option (Fig.2 - A) will no longer be used when Editing/Deleting Pricing Ranges.
- Name (*Required): Enter the name of the material you're going to create. The name of your material is used for searching and sorting, by using consistent naming conventions you will make sorting and searching much easier. A good example might be 1) #100 Gloss Cover - 19X25, 2) Cover Gloss #80 19x25 3) Dulll cover #80 19X25. Whether you follow one of the examples, or create a naming convention that fits your needs, please remember to be consistent.
- Description: The Description field for materials is out facing for users and customers on estimates job tickets.
- Category (*Required): You must assign the Material to one of the user defined Categories.
- Internal Code: If you have an internal identification code that you currently use to track or monitor materials please enter that data here
- External Code: This would be your vendors Id or Product Code for the specified Material.
- Integration Id: Will be used for future API interfaces.
- Owner (Organization): If the Material you are creating is for a specific client, use the drop-down list to select the client/owner of this material.
- Width (inch/mm): Enter the width of the Material in Feet,Inches, Meters, Millimeters, you are allowed three decimal points (.123)
- length (inch/mm): Enter the Length of the Material in Feet,Inches, Meters, Millimeters, you are allowed three decimal points (.123)
- Weight (Lbs or Kg): You have two fields that will help determine the weights of finished products, in the first field enter the weight of the material and then how many pieces make up this weight.Example - 4.5 per 1000, means that 1000 pieces weigh 4.5 Kg or Lbs. Example .025 per 1, means that one piece weighs .025 Kg. or Lbs.
- Expires on: Use this field to set the expiration date for a Material, when the expiration date is reached the Material will become inactive.
- Price Basis Per: This is how you would like to price your Material, the number that you enter here can be used for
- Unit / Quantity: 1, 10, 1000, etc.
- Area: Sq.Ft, Sq. Inch. Sq. Meter,etc.
- Linear:, Inch, Ft., Meter, Millimeter, etc.
- Price: Enter the Cost or Retail price for the defined quantity in the Price Per field depending the material costing method you are using (Cost plus Markup or Retail with Markdown).
- From: The beginning quantity that the amount in the Price Field will reflect.
- To: The ending quantity for the amount in the Price Field will reflect.
- % Mark Up/Down: For the defined Price in the From and To Quantity Range.
- Save or Cancel you work.
Materials - Add Additional Price Ranges (Main Menu > Materials)
Materials - Add a Pricing Range: (Main Menu > Materials >Materials)
Material Pricing Ranges Are created to provide a pricing matrix based on user defined quantity range. You can use the base cost (Fig.4 - D/4) of the material and use the mark up/down (Fig.3 - D/2), jointly or individually to achieve the desired sell price for the specified material.
Please use the Information icon for updated data.
Please make sure that you do not leave gaps when creating the From - To entries, as this will result in errors in calculating Estimates or Jobs.
To add a pricing range select the Add New icon (Fig.3 - B), select the Edit icon (Fig.3 - C) which will take to the Add New Pricing Range screen (Fig.3 - D)
- Price Group: Select the appropriate user defined Price Group from the drop down menu.
- % Mark Up/Down: Enter in the Mark Up/Down (28 = +28% / -28 = -28%).
- Price Basis Per: Enter the Quantity (1, 10, 100, etc.) that the monetary amount entered in Price (Fig.3 - 4) will reflect.
- Price: Enter the monetary value for the Price Per (Fig.3 - 3) Quantity.
- From: Enter the Beginning quantity for this price range calculation.
- To: Enter the Ending quantity for this price range calculation.
Materials - Export/Import
You will have the ability to Import and Export all materials (Proof Material, Plates, Paper Stock, Board Stock, Roll Stock, Grommets, Laminate, Apparel, etc.).
In your welcome letter you received an active sample "standard" import template with definitions, examples of various material setup configurations, and some tips.
You can also Download a blank template in the Materials application.
TIP: Sample Material data has been Preloaded in your PrintJobManager subscription, you can export this data by following the Materials - Export procedure below. You can Edit this spreadsheet
Material - Export Templates or Download Current Material Data
- Note Material Bins and Categories must be created before you Import materials. If you are assigning materials to a Owner (Customer) you must have the Organization created for that Owner (Customer).
- From the main menu Materials > Materials
- Select the Gear Icon on the Upper left side of the Materials view window.
- From the drop down menu select the appropriate excel template download (Standard is for per user defined unit(s), 1m, Sq. Area, linear, etc. / Per Ton is for European users, or those who use “Per Ton” calculation methods for pricing. You can also select the Export to Excel option (Contains your Current Material Data)
- Once you have downloaded/Exported the correct template/File, you can start to Add/Edit the spreadsheet.
- Once the file is updated please save and re-upload/Import using the Import Material Instructions below.
Fig. 4 Fig,5
Materials - Import (Materials > Materials)
- Select the Gear Icon on the Upper left side of the Materials view window.
- Select the Export to Excel (Fig.4) template option, you will be prompted to rename and save the file, when you have selected the location for the file, select Save.
- On the lower left hand side of the screen you will see the saved file link and can open it to Add New Materials and Edit Current Materials.
- Define Material Categories (*Required): (Digital Paper, Offset Paper, Customers Paper, Coatings, Cartons, etc.).
- Define Material Bins (*Required)*: Required for Tracking Material, and also be used for Customer Stock. By creating Bins, you create another level of sorting capabilities.
- Input Material Data: In the attached Import Template sample you will see some sample data to give you an idea on how to properly enter the data for a successful import.
- Name (*Required)*: Keep in mind consistent naming conventions to make finding/sorting materials to use or edit (80# CVR Gloss 13x19, 100# CVR Dull 13x19, Foam Core .25 60x96, Vinyl Roll 36 x 150 .08, Cartons Branded 9x11.5)
- Description: In this field you can naming conventions can be made easier for the client to understand.
- Category (*Required): Assign the material to a Category that you created (a. Define Material Categories)
- Bin: Assign the material to a Bin that you created (b. Define Material Bins)
- Internal Code: Use this field if you already have a material code (Costing, Current Material Code, Accounting, etc.)
- Integration Id: Enter the Vendor's Item number
- Owner (Organization): If this material is Owned, Used, or Specific to one of you clients, you can assign it to them.
- Track Inventory:
- True: Will allow you to Track, Create Material Transactions, Add, Allocate, Move, Edit, Delete Inventoried Materials
- False: No Stock control abilities
- Allow Backorder:
- True: Will allow an order to be processed if the inventory level is lower than the specified quantity.
- False: Will not allow an order to be processed if the inventory level is lower than the specified quantity.
- Starting Inventory: Enter the quantity of the specified material that is currently on hand and available.
- Width (*Required): Width of Material (Meter, Yard, Feet, Inches, mm, etc.)
- Height (*Required): Height of Material (Meter, Yard, Feet, Inches, mm, etc.)
- Weight Per (*Required): How Many (1, 10, 100, 1000, etc.)
- Weight Total (*Required): Total Weight of the specified Material for the Quantity in “Weight Per”
- Thickness Per: N/A
- Thickness Total: N/A
- Paper GSM: Enter the Grams per Square meter for the selected Media
- Paper U.S. Weight: Enter the U.S. “Lbs., #’s, for the selected Media
- Expires on Date: You can set a date for the specified material to be deactivate for use.
- Price Group (*Required): Using one of the User defined Price Groups will allow you to apply specific Mark Up/Down scenarios
- From (*Required) (Quantity):
- To (*Required) (Quantity):
- Price Basis (*Required): Quantity
- Price (Per Price Basis) (*Required): The Amount to be charged per the “Price Basis” quantity)
- Mark Up/Down: Allows you Markup, Markdown, or leave Blank to sell at the assigned price
Materials Track Inventory
Materials – Tracking Inventory
- Track Inventory: By selecting the check box to the left you will include this material for tracking.
- Back Order Allowed: By selecting the check box to the left Not allow orders to be processed if there is not enough material in inventory.
- Starting Inventory amount on-hand: Enter the beginning balance for the specified material
- Inventory transaction Integration Id: For future API integrations.
- Bin: select a bin (Secondary Category)
- Save/Cancel: Save your work, or Canceling will exit without saving any modifications, or changes you have made.
If you have questions or need help, please open a support ticket by selecting this link Aleyant Support