Understanding the Orders Area
Upon logging into the Pressero Admin site, the Orders screen will be the first thing you will see displayed if you don't have any new News items to view first. The Orders area is used by Pressero customers to gather information about orders that have been placed in their storefronts and to update information about those orders. In many cases, the updated information will be shared with the buyer to keep them informed of the status of their order.
Each individual Storefront also has its own Order area (Sites > Orders) preset to display orders from that Site/store alone.
Note: Updates to the order areas have a possible delay of 2-3 minutes. This is the result of a server configuration to ultimately increase response rates for accounts with a lot of orders. The exception to this is updating the status of an order; this change should be displayed immediately.
Order Filter Area
We display orders that fit the filter settings that are indicated here. If you are not seeing orders you believe should be displayed, check the filter settings to make sure they are within the ranges set.
Start Date: This is the first day in the range of orders to display.
End Date: This is the last day in the range of orders to display.
Location: As an admin user you are able to set more than one location for your company. With this drop down you can choose to view only orders from one specific location or view all orders from all locations.
Paid: Set the view to show orders that are either paid, unpaid, or both (options are All, Paid, and Unpaid).
Approval Status: If you have sites that use the Approval Workflow, you may want to only view orders that are approved and ready to fulfill. You can use this drop down to see All orders, orders that are approved only, or unapproved only.
Unlabeled "-- All --" drop-down field: If you would like to search on orders with a particular workflow status, you can select it from this list.
Search: Use this area to search for specific orders. Example: You know exactly what order number you are looking for, enter that order number and hit "refresh" to see that specific information. Enter a word contained in the Product name and hit refresh and see a list of all products that contain that name. This will not work when you are searching for a specific date, to display orders on a specific date use the Start and End date range option.
- Arrow - Refresh: You must click this button when you do a search or want to refresh any changes you have made in both the Order Filter area and the order detail area below.
- File - Save Settings: There is a lot of information about each order shown to you in the order list below. The various columns of information can be moved into a view that works best for you and your team. If you want to just see the new view temporarily then you do not need to click on this button after moving the column view. If you would like to save the new settings you made, you will click on this button. This setting is browser-based and so will only save for the same user on the same browser. The default settings will show if you log in to your account with a different browser or computer. You can move columns into different positions by dragging left or right from the gray header area, and you can also increase or decrease the width of a column by selecting the divider line between the two columns.
- Circle w/line across: Clear the settings that you have made back to the default.
Order Listing Area
When you first get started with Pressero and do not have orders to display you will not see both the status bar described below or the pencil icon. As soon as orders are received these options will be shown and available to you. The columns of information listed here may not be in the same order as you have in your admin area since they are able to be moved by you into an order that fits your needs the best.
Filter and Sort Columns of information: Depending on the type of information presented, you will see two different ways to filter the information. Above some of the columns, you will see a text box that allows you to search and/or filter for something specific you want to see. There are also columns that will sort the information by clicking on the column title. Enter or click a filter to have the view changed.
Pencil Icon: Choosing this icon will open up the detail of the specific order line item. See below for detail within this area.
Request Date: This is the date the item was ordered.
Order #: This is the system generated order number given to the buyer when they placed the order. It cannot be changed and can not be removed from your admin history. You can mark an order as "canceled" in the status column but you cannot delete or remove it. When you first get started the ordering will start with 1. If you would like to change this number to something else you may submit a support ticket and tell us the number you would like all future orders to follow. The number must be numeric (no spaces, characters or symbols, dashes, etc.).
Item #: Each item in the order shares the same order number followed by the item number.
Status Bar: This column shows the current status of the job. At the top of the column, there is a status filter. You can easily view orders by this filter. The options here will change depending on the status' of your jobs that are in the listing. This is one place that you can update the status of your job. Select from the drop-down and all available status options will be available. You can also update the status of each item by clicking on the pencil icon. In that area, you can also add a note to display to the customer regarding the particular status.
Progress: This is a visual to help you and your staff see the progress of the order in production. As the job moves through the stage points the color will move from white to full green or full red. The following stages (or stage meanings) will show a visual color change:
- Order Received - white (empty)
- Prepress - 1/6 green
- Press - 1/3 green
- Bindery - 1/2 green
- Special - 2/3 green
- Shipping - 5/6 green
- Order Complete - full green
- Order Cancelled - full red
Reports: There are four different report types and two are available in two separate views. You can access them here in the order summary area, or in the order detail when you select the pencil icon ahead of the line item. You will see that two of the reports come in a "Compact" Version. These compact reports will list the detail from each of the items in the order right after the other with no page breaks. This is great when you are trying to save paper. The original versions work well when you are putting together individual job folders and you do not want the information for another item on the same report page.
The four Report types are:
- Summary (and Summary Compact) - Basic information related to the job will display. See below. Even though you select the summary icon for one item in an order, the summary lists all items included in the order that particular item is included with. This way you only need to run reports for one item in the order.
- Job Detail (and Job Detail Compact) - This looks very similar to the order summary report but has more detail listed.
- Pick List - The pick list is similar to the order summary report but also includes an area at the bottom of the report for shipping staff to complete the package and shipping information.
- Item Detail - This is similar to the Job Detail report but it only displays information about the product that you are selecting the report from rather than all items in the full order.
Product: This is the product name for the item ordered.
Job #: The Job Number is to be used with external 3rd party integrations such as an MIS provider. As an example, if the order detail from Pressero is pushed into the MIS system to be processed, and that integration also pushes information back into Pressero when the order is completed, it could add a job # to the order information we track. If you are not using a 3rd party integration, but would like a field that you could add an additional #, such as an order number given to you by the outside vendor that produced the job, etc. then you can use this field by manually entering the information in the "edit item" tab within the order detail row (select the pencil icon).
Identifier: There are two areas of the system that can be used as an identifier.
When you create your product you can check a box for "Allow Edit of Product Name on Ordering". This is very helpful when you have a product such as "Copies" whose description does not help you or the buyer easily identify the job in the order detail. If the customer would like, they can add something like, "Holiday Special" and that will be the identifier. It can help you and your staff match up the job with the order and can help the customer if they are looking in their order history for a job they placed in the past. The identifier is also one of the possible items you can include with a report from the "Report Writer" found under the Tools area of Pressero.
- In eDocBuilder you can set one field within the template to be the identifier. In the case of a business card, you may want this to be the name of the person on the card. So, that name will be used in the same way as the product name described above.
*Note: you cannot have both a product and eDoc identifier for the same product item. If you give the customer the ability to name the product on the product ordering page, it will be overwritten by the eDoc identifier added when the template is customized. The only way the customer could change this would be to edit the item in the shopping cart and add back the product name they originally added and then add to cart without going back to the customize template area.
Site: This is the name of the site/storefront the order was placed from.
Requested Ship Date: If your storefront is set up to capture the requested ship date (Admin > Site > Settings > General > Checkout Section) then the date the buyer requested will be listed. The options the buyer can make is based on whether the item is held in inventory and what the number of days you indicated in the product setup is required to produce the item. If the storefront is not set up to request this information from the buyer, the date indicated in the product setup for the amount of time the job needs to produce will be indicated. For orders with multiple items, the latest date will be used.
Total Items: This is the total number of items ordered for that product.
Price: This is the price of the individual item ordered.
Vendor: Pressero has a vendor interface that allows you to assign an order, or product to an outside vendor of your choice. If this particular item has been assigned to a vendor, their name will appear here. You can read more about Vendors in Pressero here.
Requested By: This is the name of the person who placed the order.
Status Date: This is the date the current status was changed to.
Account Location: This is the location of your facility. This is helpful information to have when a user of Pressero has more than one location and you need to easily see what location has been assigned to the job. You can link all orders from a storefront to be assigned to a specific location you have. To do this go to Admin > Sites > Settings > General Tab > Shopping Cart section > Location.
Bill To: During the ordering process, a Bill To address is assigned to the order. This is the address chosen or assigned by default.
Approved: In a B2B environment, orders can be set for approval and you may not want to produce the job until the approval has been made. This column will indicate what the approval status is for the particular item that is being ordered.
- Green check - Order has been approved (if approval is required or if the order item does not require approval by an approval manager).
- Red X - the order item has been denied.
- Yellow Clock - this indicates that approval is required for the item and it is waiting to be approved or denied by an approval manager.
- Red Check - this indicates that the order has been approved, but the approval manager made changes from the original order that was placed.
Paid: Pressero supports various methods of payment:
- Pay on Terms (non-integrated methods) – The customer can complete the order without making a payment. In this scenario, you will invoice the customer outside of Pressero.
- Backward payment method – A popular example of this would be PayPal Standard in which the customer places the order and then is directed to the PayPal site for payment. In this situation, you are waiting to process the order until you get feedback from the provider that the payment was successful.
- Forward payment method – In this scenario, the credit card is processed on the Pressero storefront so we will update you as to whether the process was successful or not.
When you have an account that uses more than one of these methods it can be confusing to immediately know if an order is ready to begin processing. Refer to the icons and color codes to help you.
- Green check when the item is paid. This could be when a forward or backward method has been successful, or when you edit the order marking it paid.
- Empty box when the item is Paid on Terms (non-integrated method). No payment was required in the store.
- Yellow clock icon will display when an item is waiting for a backward method to send information about the payment.
- Red X will display when the store required a credit card but it was denied.
Note: If you place a test order through the system and pay by credit card, and you see a red checkmark, there could be a problem with the setup either on the Pressero end or on the credit card processor's end. Review the instructions you have been given again to see if you missed something or typed in something incorrectly. If you need help you should submit a ticket through support.
Re-Order: This column will display a green check mark if the order item was re-ordered from a previous order that was placed. It will remain blank if the order was not from a re-order.
Tax ID: The storefronts allow you to capture a Tax ID to display here in two ways:
Admin > Settings > General > Shopping Cart section
- Enter a default Tax ID for the B2B site. This ID will be included on all orders placed from that storefront
- Check the box "Capture Tax ID" to require that the buyer adds a Tax ID to their user profile. If this box is checked, they will not be able to checkout without this information.
Projected Ship Date: Initially this date will be the same as the Requested Ship Date but can be changed by you in the order item detail area under the "edit item" tab.
Order Detail Area
To access the details of each order item click on the pencil icon in its row. As we learned above, you can change the order in which the columns on the order screen appear. It typically works best to have the pencil icon be the first item in the row for easy access.
The following tabs are available in the detail of each orders item:
Status: We saw on the order summary page that we can change the status of the item. This area lets you do the same thing, but also lets you add Notes that the customer will see alongside the status setting in their order history, and also allows you to see the details of the status history. Date, Time, the status name, the admin user who changed the status along with their email address, and the notes that were sent to the customer at each status level.
Below is an example of the detail area for Order Status.
Vendor: On the order summary page we saw that there is a column to display the vendor name if one had been assigned. At that time we learned that assigning a product to a vendor was one way to automatically assign the item ordered to a vendor. The other way is here, in the order detail. If you would like to assign this item to an outside vendor after the order has already been placed, choose the vendor name from the drop-down menu. You can also re-send a vendor notification email if it is necessary to do so. You can read more about creating vendors in the system here.
Below is an example of the Vendor tab.
Files: Any files associated with this item are listed here. Please be patient for the files to appear, it is typically 10-15 minutes. When you attempt to download a file from here simply by clicking on it, the browser itself will attempt to open the file, which in many cases can be viewed as an image file (pdf, jpg, etc.) and could create some browser inconsistencies. It is best to right-click, or option-click and then choose download from the choices given. You can then open the file with the correct program instead of the browser.
Generate eDoc Files Button
There are two uses for the Generate eDoc Files Button:
- We will provide the file the customer uploaded along with preview images of the file to help you quickly see the files you are working with. eDocBuilder will provide the production PDF along with its own small and large preview. In the case of very large files being produced from eDocBuilder, there is the occasional situation in which eDoc might not have pushed the production file into Pressero. If after 15 minutes from the time the order was placed, the file is not here, you can click on that button to push the data over to Pressero.
- Generate eDoc Files Button is also used to generate the final production file with updated changes. If someone edits the order, either from eDocBuilder Admin (Area: eDocBuilder Admin > Orders > edit order) or from Pressero Admin (Area: Pressero admin > Orders > eDocBuilder > edit this order) and fails to click on "Update Cart" or "Finish editing" when they have completed the changes, by clicking on the button the open session will be updated and the final production file will be made available to you.
Below is an example of the Files tab area for an eDocBuilder order.
Reports - In the order summary view we discussed the three types of reports that are available for each order item. The three reports here are the very same, it is just another area for you to download the reports if you would like. Refer to the section above and the screenshots for more information on each of these reports.
Below is an example of the Reports tab.
Approval Information - When an order required approval by an approval manager, this tab will display. The detail related to that approved item will display. We provide the date the item was approved or denied, the name and email address of the approver, the date the order requiring approval was placed, the approval plan that was used for the order along with the rule name, step, and type.
- Pressero does not have a shipping module that ties to the shipping carriers so you can create shipping labels. We are integrated with a 3rd party shipping solution called Parcelcast
(formerly Acceleship OnPoint) and if you also have Parcelcast as a solution this area can be updated automatically when the shipment has gone out. All other users can manually view and edit information about the shipment here. When you do so, the information does get updated to the buyer in their order history.
To Create a New Shipment record, click on the "+Add New Shipment" link at the top of the page.
- Date - The date the shipment went out
- Method - By default you will see the shipping method the customer chose during the ordering process. If necessary, the method can be changed.
- Package Number - In this area you are viewing the shipping details for a specific item in the order. If there is only one package that is going out then leave the package number set to 1. If there are multiple items in the order and this requires multiple packages, you can indicate which package this item is in. You will see below a list of all the items in the order along with a checkbox which will indicate which of the items are included in this package.
- Tracking Number - If you would like to enter a tracking number for the package you can do so here. If the order itself has not yet been marked as completed, the customer will have the tracking number given to them in the email notification that goes out as soon as the order has been marked as completed. The customer will be able to select a live link to the tracking number in that email so they can track the package on the carrier's site. 200 characters allowed in this field.
- Cost - If you would like for internal purposes to indicate the final cost for that package, you may enter it here. This information does not show in the buyer's order history.
Make sure to click on "Save" after making any changes or adding any information here. If you are indicating that other items are together in that package the other individual items will also be updated with this information.
Below is an example of the Shipping tab.
eDocBuilder - When an order involves an eDocBuilder template, this tab will display. You will see a preview of the production PDF that was generated by the system. This is the area that also allows you to edit the production PDF that was created. Click on the "Edit eDocBuilder" button and a pop-up window will be displayed. You can then edit the template. Once you do so, you MUST either choose to "Update Cart" or "Cancel Order". If you decide there are no changes that need to be made, you MUST still "Update Cart" or the template will be removed completely.
Below is an example of the eDocBuilder tab when a product requiring a customizable template was used in the order.
Edit Item - If you need to update or change any of the information gathered during the ordering process for an individual item in the order, you will do that here. Please Note: The edit area will not do any recalculation upon changes of options, except for the pricing engine changes. This means that Taxes and Shipping will remain as is, even if the methods are changed. If you want to change the values, you should recalculate them manually and change the values on the edit order/edit item tab with the desired values.
- Item Identifier - See above "Identifier" description for full detail. Here you can manually enter an identifier or override one if necessary.
- Requested Ship Date - See above information for full detail. Here you can manually enter or edit the information.
- Projected Ship Date - See above information for full detail. Here you can manually enter or edit the information.
- Quantity - If the buyer contacts you after the order has been placed, and needs to change the quantity they are ordering, you may do that here. The price will be changed for the order based on those changes if necessary.
- Job Number - See above information for full detail. Here you can manually enter or edit the information.
- Price - The price of the item ordered will be entered here by default. If you need to change the price for recording purposes you can do that. Please note that this does not credit or charge additional funds from a 3rd party payment solution if you are using credit card processing. You will need to correct the transaction through the carrier.
- Item Price before markup - Pressero allows a price markup for orders that are being managed by an outside vendor. If you need to change the item price you can do that here.
- Approval Status - See above information for full detail. Here you can manually enter or edit the information. Please note: If you mark an item approved in this area, vendor assignments (if applicable) and production files (if applicable) will NOT automatically be generated. You will need to assign the vendor in the Vendor tab and generate the eDocBuilder production files in the Files tab.
- Ship Method - See above information for full detail. Here you can manually enter or edit the information.
- Notes - Add/Edit the item notes that the customer may have added on the product detail page when ordering. This information will show up in the order history for the buyer and also in your order detail report.
- Pricing Engine - If after the order is placed the buyer needs to order more/less, or change the options originally chosen in a pricing calculator, you can do that here. The changes could affect the final price of the order itself and that information will be updated in the edit order tab, but again, no transaction changes with the credit card company you use will be made.
Below is an example of the Edit Item tab for a product using a pricing calculator pricing engine.
Edit Order - If you need to update or change any of the information gathered during the ordering process that effects the entire order, and not just an individual item IN that order, then you will make those changes here. There are times that this information will automatically update/change if you were to make changes to the Edit Item tab for one or more of the items in the order.
- PO # - During an order, you have the option to ask a customer for a PO number, or ask them to choose one from a list... or even assign a specific one to them. If a PO was collected during the order, it will appear here and you will have the opportunity to change/edit or add the information to the entire order.
- Note: Occasionally Pressero admin users will use the PO feature to collect other information from the buyer besides a PO. Regardless of what you have chosen to be the prompt the customer sees, the information collected in that PO designated field will appear here.
- Sub Total - This is the subtotal of the order before tax and shipping.
- Tax - This is the amount of tax collected for the order (if the tax was collected).
- Promo Discount - If you are offering a discount using our promotional code feature, the amount of discount taken will display here. Only one promo discount is allowed in a particular order at this time.
- Shipping - This is the amount of shipping that was charged for all the items in the order.
- Country tax (VAT) - If a Country tax is collected outside of the Tax amount shown above, you will find that shown here.
- Total - This is the total amount charged for the order. This will be the subtotal plus tax and shipping minus any promo discounts.
- Location - This is the location of your facility that is assigned this job to produce or to manage.
- Notes - The Notes or comment field on the checkout page is available to your buyer to give you additional information they feel is necessary to go along with the job. If notes were given to you, they will appear here. If you want to add notes after the order is placed, they will show to the buyer in their order history for this order.
- Paid - If the order was paid after it was submitted, you can indicate that by checking this box.
- Bill To - All the information under the Bill To area relates to the Name and address of the person who the buyer said should be billed when they placed the order. If they need you to bill to another party after the order is submitted, you can change/update that information here.
Make sure to click on "Save Order" after adding or editing information in this tab. Close when you are done and you will return to the order summary area.
Below is an example of the Edit Order tab.
Retrieving Order Files via FTP files can be retrieved by opening the order (click the Edit pencil), and clicking the Files tab. Alternatively, we can set up an FTP account to your file storage. You can manually log in to retrieve the files, or there are many tools that can be used to then automatically retrieve the files. For example, www.superflexible.com is cheap, powerful, and pretty easy to use.
Retrieving Order Files via the Automated Workflow Integrator (AWI)
Aleyant Automated Workflow Integrator is a desktop application that automates the transfer of Pressero orders
into your back-end production process using hot folders. It eliminates the need to manually download and sort
orders. To learn more about the AWI, click here
- Connects to your Pressero Orders automatically
- Downloads orders on a schedule you set
- Hierarchically applies multiple downloading rules
- (beta) Creates control files for Metamation Imp 4 and ErgoSoft RIP
- Places orders into local or network hot folders
- Filters orders into production workflow based on file types
- Filters orders into production workflow based on attributes for product, or equipment requirements
- Creates subfolders for each order item if desired
- Adds download date and time to file names for quality control
- Displays download percentage status bar and activity log
- Lists orders and items processed
- Selectively reprocesses due to rule changes, accidental file deletion by staff
Common Questions and Answers