Aleyant Automated Workflow Integrator (AWI) is a desktop utility application that automates the transfer of Pressero order files and reports into your back-end production process using hot folders. It eliminates the need to manually download order reports and files. It can be used in different ways depending on how your workflow is structured, a few points about how AWI works are listed below as a brief overview of capabilities.
• Connects to your Pressero orders automatically
• Downloads orders on a schedule you set
• Hierarchically applies multiple download rules
• Creates control files (such as JDF or XML) to integrate with various 3rd party workflow solutions
• Places orders into local, network, or FTP hotfolders
• Filters orders into production workflow based on file types
• Filters orders into production workflow based on attributes for product, or equipment requirements
• Creates subfolders for each order item if desired
• Adds download date and time to file names for quality control
• Displays download activity log
• Lists orders and items processed
• Selectively reprocesses due to rule changes, accidental file deletion by staff
• Automatically changes status of orders upon successful retrieval
• Queues up orders according to criteria you define and releases as a batch
• Automatically create PDF based reports from your orders
Admin user account
The application is activated for one admin user account only, it will be locked to this user and cannot be changed. We recommend you create a new admin user account under Preferences > Admin Users in your Pressero account to be used exclusively for AWI. Something like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can uncheck the option for this user to Receive Notifications, as the email address value is used for login purposes only.
This user must be part of an Admin Group that has permissions enabled to view and download orders. The admin user must belong to admin groups that give it access to any orders that AWI needs to be able to process.
Minimum system requirements
AWI is a desktop application that can be run on Macintosh or Windows computers. It is a desktop utility that listens to your Pressero account, and downloads files and reports for any orders. It does not require a lot of memory, but needs to be open and active to get orders from your Pressero account, and will require any permissions necessary on the account running AWI on that machine for transferring files to other folders, network folders, et cetera.
Ch. 008 Training Videos
For more information regarding AWI settings and usage, please see the specific chapters below.