Activating a Payment Method for a Site
When you click the Payments tab you should see a list of each payment method(s) created in Admin > Preferences > Payment Methods. Here are setting options available:
Enable - Select the "Enable" box in each of the different payment method sections you wish to offer for the selected site.
Rename - The “Rename” field allows you to rename the name of the payment method name that the customer sees.
Sort Order - Use the “Sort Order” field to reposition the order of the payment methods listed.
Custom Message - If entered here, this text will be displayed as a browser popup when the user pays with this payment method. If you are using a payment method that takes the customer to another site to complete the credit card process (such as PayPal - Website Payments Standard), the message content you enter should warn the user that clicking this button checks out the order and that you cannot use the back button to return from the provider site to the cart to make further changes.
Custom Checkout Error Message - See explanation below.
Enable Range - You may choose to have a specific payment option only appear when the total ($) for the order falls within a certain range. This can be helpful for customers with free products in their store who want to include a Free Payment option but don't want it to be available unless the order totals $0. Select the Enable Range box to enter the minimum amount and the maximum amount in the fields.
Allowed Groups Tab - By default we will include each enabled payment method for all your Site Groups. If you would like to limit the available methods to certain groups of customers in the particular store, then use Site Groups and enable only the groups to which you want to have the particular method available.
Payment Method Buttons on the Checkout Page
Depending on how many payment methods are enabed for a site, and what type of payment methods they are, they will display differently on the checkout page. For example, the colors that can be set on the payment method settings for the site will only be used if more than one payment method is enabled for the site, and if the payment method is a non-integrated payment method. Examples are shown below.
One Integrated Payment Method Enabled
If it is an integrated payment method that has an image (e.g., PayPal), it will only show the image.
One Non-Integrated Payment Method Enabled
If it is a non-integrated payment method, it will display the configured payment method name. It will not use the styling assigned on the site settings for the payment method.
Two Payment Methods (or more) Enabled
If there are two payment methods chosen for a site, then both methods will be shown as buttons that can be used to select either payment method at checkout.
The styling assigned for the payment method settings on the site will be used if it is a non-integrated payment method, otherwise an integrated payment method will show the logo for that method if available.
Using Instructions to Add Directions to the Checkout Page
You can use the Settings > Instructions area to add information above the payment method buttons on the checkout page to clarify directions for checkout, if you think that is needed.
Options for In-Store Credit Card Processing Methods
For payment methods in which the user pays via credit card directly on your Pressero site, two additional fields are available: Custom Checkout Error Message and Display Provider Error. These fields determine what will be displayed to the user on the checkout page if there is an issue processing the user's credit card. There are three options:
Display the Pressero generic error message. To display the default generic error message, leave both of these fields blank.
Display the error from the payment processor. To display the error message returned from the payment processor, click the Display Provider Error box.
Display a custom message. To display a custom message, enter the desired custom message in the Custom Checkout Error Message field. This overrides the Pressero generic message and the provider error message.
Payment Button Appearance – Pressero allows you to change the appearance of the payment button for all but the following payment methods (PayPal – Website Payments Standard, PayFlow Pro Hosted, NonIntegrated, Authorize.Net Hosted and CyberSource Hosted).
- Button Name – allows you to change the text that appears on the button.
- Background, Background Hover, Border, Hover Border, Font and Font Hover – are all color settings allow you to control the appearance of the button as shown in the button field.
- Reset button – click to reset the button design to the default.
Note: individual site skins may alter the button design. Having only a single non-integrated payment method chosen on a site will not use any button styling, and only the name of the payment method will be shown.
What to Expect in the Checkout Page for the Site
- Open Terms. This "Submit Order" option will allow the user to order without payment. When an order is placed, a "New Order" email will be sent to you.
- Credit Card. The "Pay by Credit Card" option requires the user to pay with a credit card. When the order is placed the "New Order" email will NOT be sent until a payment confirmation is received for it.
- Both Open Terms and Credit Card. If both Credit Card and Open Terms are enabled for a site, and the user selects "Submit Order" (open terms), then a "New Order" email will be sent to you, and to your customer. If they click "Pay by Credit Card" instead, the system will not send the email until a payment confirmation arrives. When both Credit Card and Open Terms payment methods are available for a site, the system distinguishes between:
- Unpaid (Temporarily) – the User selected "Pay by Credit Card," but confirmation has not yet been received by Pressero. Upon confirmation, the order will display under Paid and a "New Order" email will be sent.
- Unpaid (& Abandoned) – the User selected "Pay by Credit Card," but quit before payment or did not enter correct credit card information and failed to correct it before payment. The order will never be listed under Paid and the "New Order" email will not be sent. Note that this may be a temporary state while the user is correcting the payment information.
- Unpaid – the User selected "Submit Order" (open terms) to complete their order. The order will not be listed as Paid but the "New Order" email will be sent.
- Open Terms Bill To Address. The orders that are placed on a Pressero site by user accounts can be set to use site location values, user addresses, or an address that is prompted for from the user, as the billing address for any orders. These settings are found on the General Info settings tab for the site. How the addresses for orders are chosen depends on the type of site and the settings that are being used. Variations on these settings for B2C and B2B sites are listed on this page. Refer to this page for additional information.
- If the Sites > Settings > General: Checkout > Address Book Mode is set to Location, the user's default Bill To location will be the location set in Sites > Settings > General: Checkout > Primary Location. If the site's Address Book Mode is set to Address or Both, the user's default Bill To location will be their Primary Address as set in their Address Book.
- Check Credit Card as an option only if you have setup your PayPal account (Preferences > General Settings > Payments). Otherwise, an error will occur in Checkout when choosing Credit Card.
If you enable only one payment method, the Pressero checkout page will only display the name that you have entered on the configuration page. If it is an integrated method that requires an image (e.g., PayPal), it will only show the image and If it is a non-integrated payment method, it will display the configured payment method name.