Pressero now allows users to import and export products using an Excel file.
The Import / Export functionality can be accessed on the products list page as long as the logged in user has permissions to access the products list page.
How to Export the Current List of Products
- Click the "Import/Export" button to open the import / export window.
- Click the Export Now Button.
This will generate an Excel file with the list of all the products for the current store and the properties for each of those products separated into columns. (There are MANY columns in this Excel file. Expect a very large file size if the store has a huge list of products)
Under the Export Now button is an option to include all deleted products in the export. "Include deleted items in export". If this is checked, all active and deleted products will be part of the Excel file.
How to get a blank excel template for product import.
- Click the button "Download Excel template". It will generate one empty template that you can manually add new products to and eventually import to quickly populate a store with products.
How to import products.
- Click the "Import/Export" button on the products list page. The import / export window will open.
- In the import section use the "Upload Excel File" file input to upload an Excel file.
- The file uploaded must be properly formatted in order for importing to function well without errors.
- TIP: Use the "Download Excel Template" button to get a properly formatted Excel file.
You have an option to select, "Delete products not in the Excel file".
If this option is checked, any product in the store that doesn’t also exist in the imported Excel file will be DELETED.
Once a file is added to "Upload Excel File" input, click the import now button to start the import.
Every product import will undergo a process of being queued on the server so that it can upload without timeout. This is especially important for file uploads that are very large.
You will be presented with a dialog indicating that the import has begun and a notification will be generated when it is done.
For very small imports the process could take seconds. For very large imports the process could take much longer.
You cannot request a new import while one import request is running.
You will need to wait until the previous import is complete until starting a new request.
Once the import is complete, you will receive an email and a system notification with the results of the import.
In the system notification, click on the "view detail" link to see the details for the import.
The notification will have a link at the bottom to take you back to the products list for the site where the import was started.
Product Import Excel File Column Details
The first column in the Excel file is "Product ID". This is a specific ID that is unique to each product.
- DO NOT CREATE THIS ID MANUALLY.
- DO NOT CHANGE THE PRODUCT ID.
- If the product id is changed you will receive a duplicate name error after import.
- This ID is generated by Pressero upon product creation and is what we use to match products in the Excel file with products in the storefront.
- If an ID exists in this column any data in the following columns for the corresponding row will replace data for any existing product with a matching ID within the storefront.
- If an ID does NOT exist. The product will be created.
If you download the Product Import Excel Template, which will be empty, and begin populating with products then upon upload these products will be newly created. Then when you export products afterwards the products will have an ID.
Bulk Edit Products
This feature allows you to use the Excel file to bulk edit products. Simply export all your products and use the excel file to do a find and replace on multiple cells. As long as the Product ID remain unchanged when uploaded all of the product data changed will be changed within the storefront.
Other Columns to NOT Change
The columns Last Modified Date, Creation Date, Modification Date and Deletion Date are managed by Pressero. Do not change.
Import Product Limitations
Due to the complexity of product data within Pressero there are some considerations that must be observed.
The following columns do not exist within the excel file and must be added / edited using the Pressero interface.
- Site Group
- Inventory Stock
- Order Status Workflow
- Outsource to Vendor
- eDocBuilder Template
- Product Attributes
5 Pricing Engine Limit: Any products that have more that 5 pricing engines attached with it should not be edited and should be removed from the excel file before upload. The Excel template is limited to 5 pricing engines and when uploaded will replace the pricing engines listed for that product on the storefront whether the product is edited within the template or not.
5 Site Group Limit: Any products that have more that 5 site groups attached with it should not be edited and should be removed from the excel file before upload. The Excel template is limited to 5 pricing engines and when uploaded will replace the site groups listed for that product on the storefront whether the product is edited within the template or not.
5 Suggested Product Limit: Any products that have more that 5 suggested products attached with it should not be edited and should be removed from the excel file before upload. The Excel template is limited to 5 suggested products and when uploaded will replace the suggested products listed for that product on the storefront whether the product is edited within the template or not.
Primary Image Only: You only have the ability to edit the primary image for the product by providing a url that can be accessed. Gallery images cannot be added or edited with the product import feature.
All of the columns in the Excel file follow the same rules that Pressero requires when creating a product. Such as required fields and fields with specific data (numbers, letters, etc...)
Description of all columns data
- Product ID: Managed by Pressero, you don't need to change this column; When creating new products leave it to be blank.
- Product Name: The name for you product (follow the same rule that is required in the Pressero product creation);
- Url Name: This provides a simple url for the product. (example: "My Product" will have an actual url of [http://www.mywebsite.com/product/my-product]. Avoid special characters including /. \, and &. Any spaces will be substituted with a hypen. URL's should not contain more than one consecutive hyphens. This can cause problems in some web browsers;
- Active: This is a flag that represent if the product is deleted or not;
- Site Group price (1, 2, 3, 4, 5): Choose a Site Group for this product and pair with a Pricing Engine. Members of the Site Group will see prices based on the paired pricing engine. A product can have more than one pair of Group and Pricing Engines. Different Site Groups can have different pricing;
- Pricing Engine price (1, 2, 3, 4, 5): Choose a pricing engine to pair with a site group for this product;
- Kit Role: A kit is a group of products that can be ordered together at one time by your customer. A kit is setup like a product in the store with its own name, image, description. A kit can contain and track items in inventory or not. A kit's pricing can be separate from the individual products in the kit or not. A kit has its own Category, Price/Site Group pairing, Site Group membership and Approval settings that supersedes those of the individual products assigned to the Kit. Select the role that this product plays, in relation to kitting;
- Kit Pricing Method: If you product is a kit you could configure a differend Price method for the kit product;
- KitComponents: Configure the kit component options for you product, this collum follow some rules: to split the components you must use "|" and for split the options you must use ";" you must follow the same order that you will follow when add manually, for example: "Select Product;Minimum Quantity;maximum Quantity;Override Price Engine; Instructions to Display" for exampleof a real product "Business Card 2 Sided;0;1000;;|Coffee Mug Ceramic White;1;1000;;|Coffee Mug Thermos Red;1;10000;;test|Dent B87 Terra Sell Sheet;1;10000;;test" as you can see if you don't have the option that is not required you can leave that empty, but it should be keep the ";" among options;
- Suggested Product (1, 2, 3, 4, 5): If you have products related to this product that you would like to suggest to your customer, please select them here. These products will appear as links on the product detail page within the storefront;
- Open Frame For Customization Only: Open Frame allows you to display a page from a 3rd party website inside a frame on the detail page for this product. Please see user documentation for more information. If you wish to use an OpenFrame URL for product customization but still want Pressero to take care of Pricing, you should check this option;
- Open frame Url: External URL that is required to be saved in Iframe, default is empty;
- Featured Product: Check if product is featured and should be displayed on site (site skin must support this), default is false;
- Enable Quick View: If enabled, your customer will see a link below the product icon to view and order the product on a pop up window. Not all product options are supported: Only the short description, pricing, and file uploads will show in the quick view window;
- Part Number: Your part number. This information will not be shown on the site;
- Public Part Num: Part number, which may be displayed on the site, depending on the skin used;
- Teaser Price: You may want to display a message telling the buyer what the lowest pricing for the product starts at. This will generally display on a page listing products, however, will depend on the skin selected. By leaving this blank, no pricing will be displayed;
- Display image on detail page: Put true to display the product image on the site page that shows the details of this product;
- Display Shipping Estimator: Put true to this option the product detail page will also show shipping estimates for your customer;
- Allow user to print estimate: If True, then user will be able to print product estimate;
- Print estimate additional information: This additional information will appear on print estimate window/
- "I Accept" Requirement: You may force your customer to respond to some important information before proceeding with the order. You may select a check box or a text box;
- Acceptance Text: You may force your customer to respond to some important information (such as a copyright disclaimer) before proceeding with the order. This text will be displayed to your customer.
- Allow Edit Product Name on Ordering: It will enable your customer to add text to the end of the ordered product's name. This will be used in the order information contained in emails, the store's Order History, the admin Order area, and Reports;
- Inventory Stock to Use: Select an Inventory Stock that this product will use. To manage inventory stocks, type the inventory name, default is empty;
- Back Order Allowed: If inventory tracking is enabled, and there is not enough inventory to support the order, allow the order to be placed;
- In stock ship days: Used to determine the earliest date a product can be shipped if 1) the item under inventory control, and 2) there is enough inventory. The date is displayed to you in the Orders area;
- Out of stock ship days: Used to determine the earliest date a product can be shipped based on days needed to produce the item. For products not under inventory control, this is used with the Site's "Capture Requested Ship Date" option (Sites > Settings > General Info). If the product IS inventoried, this out-of-stock value is used when the stock on hand is not sufficient to meet the customer's order amount. In either case, the date is displayed to you in the Orders area;
- Will ship separately: If checked, the system will calculate shipping as if any orders for this item will ship independently from the rest of the order. If this item is included multiple times in a single order, each instance of the item will be considered a separate shipment. Please keep in mind that selecting this option may make the shopping cart and checkout pages load more slowly if an integrated shipping rate lookup is required;
- Digitally Deliver File: An eDocBuilder or Product Asset product can be delivered via email rather than printed and mailed. Set true for this option to have a link display for download in the Order Received Email. For eDocBuilder products, the link will also display on the Order Confirmation page. Please note: Integrated shipping options for this product will not display when this option is selected for either product types;
- Show product preview in cart: A first page preview of the uploaded file can be displayed in the cart instead of the product image;
- Override Tax: If a tax is entered here, it will override all other sales tax calculations for orders of this particular product. Enter the override sales tax as a percentage number -- for example, five and a half cents on the dollar should be entered as 5.5. The (%) symbol will appear when you click on another input field;
- Apply Tax Override to Shipping: If True the Tax Override Amount will also be applied to the shipping amount in the cart. By leaving this box un-checked then the shipping amount will continue to use the tax rate that is provided in the tax profile;
- Order Status Workflow: Select the workflow to use for this product when managing orders;
- Integration ID: If you will be integrating with a third party system you may be required to provide a value from that system, default is null;
- Product's Physical Location, Notes: Physical location information of this product. This is for internal purposes only... this information will not be shown on the site;
- Outsource to Vendor: Any orders for this product will be submitted to the vendor that you select here, put the Name of the vendor. To manage vendors, go to the Settings-->Vendors page. Vendors are not supported with kits and kit components;
- Show Price Without Markup to Vendor Vendor: if true, the vendor will see the cost of the order before any markups have occurred;
- Instructions: Specific information about this product that you would like to convey to the vendor should be entered here;
- Folding JDF: Folding description text to appear in JDF file;
- Finishing JDF: Finishing description text to appear in JDF file;
- Binding JDF: Binding description text to appear in JDF file;
- Packaging JDF: Packaging description text to appear in JDF file;
- eDocBuilder Template: Type the name of eDocBuilder Template to integrate to your product;
- Alternate Button Text: If entered, this text will appear in the product detail page on the button to begin personalization of the template;
- Show eDoc preview in cart: A proof image of the edited template can be displayed in the cart instead of the product image. The time it takes for the proof image to display in the cart will vary. Your customer may not immediately see a proof image based on the file size of their template;
- Create eDoc Proof PDF: Select this option if you would like to have a proof of the eDocBuilder production file included on the confirmation page. By default the file will be in PDF format. To display a JPG or PNG proof instead, go to Site Settings > Checkout section, where you can override the PDF default for all eDocBuilder products in this store;
- Instructions: Special instructions to display to your customer for this eDocBuilder template. If the template runs in the Interactive Designer, these instructions may not display. These instructions will override the instructions set in site > settings > instructions tab;
- Approval Text: Approval text to display to your customer. Your customer will need to check a box next to this text to indicate that they understand your requirements;
- Long Description: The long description for your product. It will shows on the product detail page
- Short Description: Short description for your product. It will show on preview and in places that not allow long descriptions.
- Minimum Quantity (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5): Enter the minimum quantity for this quantity parameter. To allow the pricing engine itself to dictate the minimum, leave the text box empty. If your pricing engine does not use the quantity parameter, leave the text box empty. Minimum Quantity is a LIMIT. It cannot add quantity entries to your pricing engine's drop down list; it can only filter them by imposing a minimum cutoff. If you need more quantities, you must add them to your calculator, not by using this field. For example, if your calculator had quantities of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, and you set Minimum Quantity to 5, then the dropdown would show 5,6,7,etc. It would not show 1,2,3,or 4. In the same way, if your calculator had quantities of 5,6,7,8,9,10, and you set Minimum Quantity to 1, the dropdown would show only 5,6,7,8,9, etc;
- Maximum Quantity (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5): Enter the maximum quantity for this quantity parameter. To allow the pricing engine itself to dictate the maximum, leave the text box empty. If your pricing engine does not use the quantity parameter, leave the text box empty. Maximum Quantity is a LIMIT. It cannot add quantity entries to your pricing engine's dropdown list; it can only filter them by imposing a Maximum cutoff. If you need more quantities, you must add them to your calculator, not by using this field. For example, if your calculator had quantities of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, and you set Maximum Quantity to 7, then the dropdown would show 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. It would not show 8,9,or 10. If your calculator had quantities of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, and you set Maximum Quantity to 90, the dropdown would show only 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. It would not show 11, 12, etc;
- Decimal Places (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5): Enter the number of decimal places allowed. For example, to allow up to 2 decimal places, enter 2. Enter zero (or leave blank) to not allow decimals. If your pricing engine does not use the quantity parameter, leave the text box empty;
- Allow Arbitrary Quantities (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5): This replaces the standard pulldown menu and allows the user to enter any quantity they wish in a text box instead. The quantity they enter will be subject to the min/max you have set. For example, if min is 1 and max is 20, the user will not be able to enter 30 in the textbox;
- Minimum Price: Set a minimum price for this product. No need to include a currency symbol, as this will be automatically handled by the culture setting for the site;
- Show Per Piece Price: Will show an "Each" price below the total. This is calculated by dividing the total by the quantity chosen.
- VDP/Asset/Upload Sets Quantity: This feature is for products using a file upload. You may wish to have the quantity changed or locked, depending on a file the user uploads as part of ordering this product. This may be a document for printing, or a database file to merge with an eDocBuilder template. By selecting a quantity set from Q1 or Q2 or Q3 or Q4 or Q5, the quantity from the file (pages or record count) will be applied to the pricing engine. If this product captures both an eDocBuilder database as well as a document upload, the quantity from the database will be applied. If you are using a Price Break or UOM pricing engine, set this to Q1. If the product uses an eDocBuilder template, this value will always be overridden by the value coming from the eDocBuilder template linked to on the product;
- Custom Order Form: Custom form that you want to add to the product when it will ordered.
- Site Group (1, 2, 3, 4, 5): Site groups that are allowed tho view and order this product;
- Last modified date, Creation date, Modification date and Deletion date: Those columns are managed by Pressero they are in the file only for information.
- Upload Fields Upload Required: If True the customer must upload a file, de the default is false and any uploads will be optional for your customer;
- Upload Fields Show Scaled Preview: If true When a file is uploaded, it will be scaled without distortion to fit the page size given here. It false, the preview will be stretched to match the page size exactly;
- Upload Fields Dimensions: If you will be showing a preview of a customer uploaded file, set the width, height, bleed and unit. Supported file types are PDF, JPG, GIF, and PNG. See User Manual for more details and
- Current Upload Fields: Prompt name and Tag for the upload field, its free to add any text;
- Primary Image URL: Provide the URL for the primary product image, the image link should be public.