The UOM pricing option is one of the types of pricing engines you can use in the Pressero storefronts to display the price of a product to your buyer.
Here is an example of UOM:
In the example above, a buyer can choose from either a Box of 250, a Box of 500, a Carton of 1000, or a Carton of 2000 items. The UOM in this example is either a Box or Carton. The UOM can be anything you need it to be. The buyer will then choose how many boxes or cartons they want and the price will be calculated and shown to them.
Adding a new UOM Pricing Engine
Click Create New Pricing Engine to create a new pricing engine. You will then select from a drop-down list the type of engine you are creating. Select UOM. You will then need to name the pricing engine. It is good to keep in mind that all your pricing engines for all your sites are listed in this one area, so give it a name that will be easy to identify later when you assign it to a product within a site. All sites can share the same pricing engines so if it is a standard price that you will use over and over among many sites (ex: 8.5 x 11 digital color copies) then give it a general description for the name. If it is a price that is specific to only one customer then you may want to start it with the customer's account name (ex: ABC Corp 4 page color brochures).
You will now enter the details for the pricing engine.
Each price option will display on a separate line and you will set each line up one at a time:
- Click Add New UOM line.
- UOM: Enter your Unit of Measure (Box, Carton, Each, etc.).
- Quantity: Enter a Quantity for the UOM. Remember that this is how many items are in that particular Unit of Measure. Example: If you have a UOM of "Box", how many items are in that Box should be the quantity you enter here.
- Weight: Enter the weight for the UOM (do not add lbs., kg, etc. as these will be added automatically based on the Site's Culture setting). You must enter a weight if you plan on using integrated shipping options.
- Price: Enter the Price of the UOM (do not use currency symbols, these will be automatically added based on the Culture setting for your Site (Settings > General Info: Culture)).
- Ink: Enter Ink (4 Color, Full Color, etc.). This is also optional.
- Stock: You can then enter the Stock used (20# Paper, Card Stock, etc.). This is optional. Because this is optional, some customers will use this area (and the Ink area) as a description they want shown in the store. Example of this could be "Best Deal."
- Click the check mark button to add this UOM line. Repeat to add additional lines if needed.
- Click Save when finished.
To edit a line item, select the pencil icon
next to each UOM line. Make changes and be sure to click the check mark
and save buttons when you are done. If you want to cancel the editing of the line, select the X button. To delete a line entry, click the garbage can
at the end of the row.
: Ch. 012. Creating a Price Break Pricing Engine