In this document we will cover the methods available to adjust the inventoried material levels and when the levels are adjusted.
There are few methods of adjusting an inventoried material item's level. It can be adjusted with a material transaction, receipt of material using a purchase order and when a job is created using an inventoried item.
When adjusting the level of an inventoried material item by manually entering a material transaction there are 6 transaction types that can be utilized:
1. New - For adding new materials, normally this is used to increase the level.
2. Use - For taking away materials that have been used, normally this is used to decrease the level.
3. Destroy - For taking away materials that have been destroyed, normally this is used to decrease the level.
4. Move - For adjusting materials that have moved, normally this is used to decrease the level.
5. Consolidate - For adjust materials that have been consolidated, can be used to decrease or increase the level.
6. Adjust To - For any type of adjustment to the material level, can be used to decrease or increase the level.
Whether you are adding a new material transaction or editing an existing one when you save the transaction the material inventory level will be adjusted at that time based on that transaction.
A purchase order can be generated manually when entered by a user and a purchase order can be generated on a job by job basis when checking the permission on the material level for Generate PO for new Jobs:
When a purchase order is generated for an inventoried material item the inventory level does not change regardless of the method used to generate the purchase order. When the purchase order is marked as received, the amount of material in the purchase order is added to the inventory level.
When a job is created using an inventoried material item the amount needed for the job is put in a Reserved transaction type and the inventory level is adjusted:
When the job is marked as completed the transaction type changes from Reserved to Use.
If you have questions or need help, please open a support ticket by selecting this link Aleyant Support