Pressero Integration with Avalara Tax Service (AvaTax)
In this document:
- Contact your salesperson to obtain pricing for this integration.
- Set up your account with Avalara (obtain your Account Number, License Key and Company Code).
- If you choose to order the integration, we will enable the integration (turn it on) and you will configure it. Instructions to configure the integration and apply it to site(s) are found below.
- Avalara will issue both "test" and "live" credentials. You will have the opportunity to set up configurations with both test and live credentials.
Recent Changes and Notes for Existing AvaTax Subscribers
On September 2, 2020, Aleyant released improvements to the way Pressero handles taxes. Tax settings moved from the Site level to the Preferences level. The way subscribers implement taxes are known as "Tax Profiles," which allows subscribers to create profiles at the Admin level and assign them to multiple sites.
Pressero will automatically convert existing tax settings to Tax Profiles. Subscribers with existing AvaTax integrations will have their settings converted to an "AvaTax" Tax Profile and that new AvaTax Tax Profile will be applied (assigned) to the site. No actions are required by the subscriber to convert AvaTax Tax Profiles or assign them to the site(s) to which they were previously associated.
As mentioned above, Tax Profiles are assigned at the site level. Go to Sites > [Select Site] > Settings > General and scroll to the Tax area. The Choose Tax Profile drop-down displays Tax Profile assigned to the site. Note: With this release, the Tax tab, which formerly resided in Settings > General, is removed, and now resides within the General tab.
In Admin > Preferences > Tax Profiles, subscribers can now view their AvaTax details, and can assign different "Company Codes" for reporting purposes.
Subscribers who have an existing AvaTax integration and want to add more sites to use the AvaTax integration simply need to assign the existing Tax Profile that utilizes the AvaTax integration. (If you know a site that already uses it, assign that profile to the newly requested site.)
Creating an AvaTax Tax Profile
The following steps describe how to create a new AvaTax Tax Profile.
- Select AvaTax in the “Type” drop-down.
- Enter a name for the Tax Profile in the “Name” field.
- Click “Save.”
- After you click "Save," the AvaTax Tax Profile edit screen immediately displays (shown below).
- Name – displays the name of the Tax Profile entered in the previous step.
- Type – displays the type of Tax Profile selected in the previous step (in this example, AvaTax).
- Test Mode – You have the capability of running a Test of the AvaTax Tax Profile with test credentials issued by AvaTax. Check the “Test Mode” box to set test mode configuration settings.
Note: After you perform the test, you will need to set up a new AvaTax Tax Profile and repeat these steps with the “live” credentials.
- Account ID – This is your AvaTax Account ID. When logged into your AvaTax account, find this information in Settings > All AvaTax Settings and copy it into this field.
- License Key – This is your AvaTax Integration License Key. Avalara emails a license key when you generate your AvaTax account. Enter the License Key into this field.
- Company Code – Default Company Code that should be associated with the Tax Transactions. Enter a Company Code for reporting purposes.
- Disable document record – When an order is placed, Pressero creates a Sales Invoice document (commits the transaction). If this document is not desired, for example, in a test environment, check this box and Pressero will not create this document (transaction will not be committed).
- Save – Click Save to save your AvaTax settings.
- Test – Allows you to test the integration with Avalara.
- Back to List – Returns you to the list view immediately. Note: If you click “Back To List” without saving the settings, you will lose any unsaved settings.
- Delete – Click the Delete button to delete this Tax Profile.
Note: Pressero allows you to view the settings of deleted Tax Profiles. Go to the Tax Profiles list view (Admin > Preferences > Tax Profiles) and click the “Include Deleted” checkbox in the upper right side of the window to display all deleted Tax Profiles (they will be shown in red with a strikethrough). From there, click the pencil icon to the left of the name to review its settings.
Assigning an AvaTax Tax Profile to a Site (Choose Tax Profile)
- To assign an AvaTax Tax Profile to a site, go to Sites > [Select Site] > Settings > General and scroll to Tax. Click the “Choose Tax Profile” drop-down and select the name of the AvaTax Tax Profile you want to apply to this site.
- Company Code – Enter the Company Code (optional) for reporting purposes.
- Enable Tax ID? - Click the Enable Tax ID check box to provide a Tax ID for your site. If you provide a Tax ID, your customers will not be prompted to enter a Tax ID when ordering.
- Tax ID - This field allows you to provide a default Tax ID for your site. If you enter a Tax ID here, then your customers will not be prompted to enter one when ordering.
- Prompt for Tax ID - Enter text to prompt your user for entry of the Tax ID on their site.
- Tax ID Mask - Enter the mask format if you want user to enter the Tax ID in a particular format. Use "a" for alphanumeric and "#" for numbers. Example: "####-####-##" for "9999-9999-99" or "aaaa-aaaa-aa" for "123-abc-1234.
- Click the “Save” button to save your changes.
Article ID: 1931, Created: September 8, 2020 at 10:03 PM, Modified: October 1, 2020 at 11:23 PM