IMPORTANT: The Shipstation Embedded Services integration is an add-on to any Pressero account, and cannot be set up until it is activated. Please contact your sales representative to confirm pricing or to order this integration.
In this document:
- All critical customer and order data are transferred to ShipStation via API with all fields already mapped.
- There are three options for mapping products between Pressero and ShipStation. This is the order of the logic:
- If products are set up in ShipStation, subscribers can individually map a Pressero product to a product in ShipStation. When the item is transferred, ShipStation will then choose the product listed that is linked.
- A “Default Product” can be listed in the Embedded Services settings. If the product is not linked to a specific product in ShipStation, then the default product will be selected.
- If no product is linked, and no Default Product is indicated, then when the order is transferred, ShipStation will create a new product based on either the Product Name or the Item Name (selected in the Embedded Services settings) based on the selection chosen. If the product is already listed and matches the name in ShipStation, then this product will be selected. Note: using this method means your product list in ShipStation can grow very large.
- All order item information and production files (if available) will transfer to a ShipStation order with parts being created to match each item of the Pressero order immediately after being checked out in Pressero.
- Subscribers have the ability to select the default time zone that ShipStation will use when returning information back to Pressero.
- Currently, ShipStation does not support non-integrated shipping methods. Any non-integrated ship method in Pressero will need to have an Integration ID added that maps to a particular service that ShipStation supports. See this article for more information: https://support.aleyant.com/kb/a1693/shipstation-integration-do-orders-using-non-integrated-shipping-methods-get-pushed-to-shipstation.aspx#
- Orders are created in ShipStation with all critical order, contact and customer information as received from Pressero.
- Items will be reviewed for approval status state; any items of an order with Request Denied will not be included in the order in ShipStation.
- Once an order is listed as shipped, ShipStation then sends the tracking number to Pressero, and updates status to “Completed” to trigger the customer email. This will happen if webhooks are enabled in ShipStation.
- Kits consist of a parent item containing child products with individual item totals (quantity and cost):
- Child items in a kit will show up as individual parts in the ShipStation order.
- Child items in a kit (static and/or inventory items) will list the associated quantity and cost.
- Child items in a kit with a quantity of zero will not be inserted into the order in ShipStation.
To Configure ShipStation as Embedded Service
To configure ShipStation as Embedded Service, log into the Pressero Admin panel.
- Go to Preferences > Embedded Services > +Add New.
- In the "Provider" drop-down, select “ShipStation.”
- Enter the integration settings as follows:
- For “API Key” & “API Secret,” log into your ShipStation account to create them: https://ss.shipstation.com/#/settings/api
- “API URL” is the root URL for ShipStation instance. Enter https://ssapi.shipstation.com in the API URL field.
- “Default Product SKU” (not required) refers to a product identity in ShipStation. If the user fills in this parameter with a value, all unmapped products will be mapped to the defined product. The user needs to define the default product. This value will be used to identify the product in ShipStation for all unmapped products in Pressero.
- "ShipStation time zone" (drop-down) - shipment date will be converted to the selected time zone.
- "Source field for product name" (drop-down) - the options are "ProductName" or "ItemName." This drop-down identifies which field will be used for new products SKU and name in ShipStation. For example, we have a product in Pressero which is not mapped to the product in ShipStation. In this case, the plug-in will create new product in ShipStation for it. If the user chooses "ProductName," the plug-in will create the product with the same name as Pressero's product; otherwise the ItemName field from order item will be used. For future items the plug-in will look for a duplicate product and select it based on that name used.
- "Default Sales Store" - Enter the name of an existing store in ShipStation; if left blank, default value will be used.
Enable Integration for the Site
- To Enable integration for the site, go to Sites > [Select Your Site] > Embedded Services > (scroll to) ShipStation.
- Click the “Enable Service Integration” check box.
- Click “Save.”
- Reopen ShipStation by repeating this step: go to Sites > [Select Your Site] > Embedded Services > (scroll to) ShipStation.
- Click the “Activate Service on Storefront” check box.
- Users can select "ShipStation" in the Options > Sales Store drop-down under for each site (selected value will override the value from Embedded Services General Settings).
- Users can run manual synchronization by clicking the “Synchronize” button. All orders in Error or Pending state will be synchronized. (Read more about the Synchronize button in Embedded Services Overview.)
Map Pressero Product to ShipStation Product
To map the Pressero product to the ShipStation product, go to Sites > [Select Your Site] > Catalog > Products > Embedded Services > (scroll to) ShipStation.
- Enable mapping by clicking the "Active" checkbox.
- Select the product in the "Product" drop-down.
Add Webhook for Shipment Notifications
Below are the instructions to add a Webhook for shipment notifications.
- Go to Preferences > Embedded Services and click the edit pen to the left of the ShipStation name set up previously.
- In the Settings area, copy the Webhook Postback URL.
- Return to your ShipStation account and go to Settings > Integrations > Integration Partners > Webhooks.
- Click "Add a Webhook" to create a new Webhook.
- Enter a new name in the Name / Description field, and select "On Items Shipped" in the drop-down. paste the URL copied in the previous step into the "Send to url..." field, and click "Save."
Customer Mapping Details
Bill To / Ship To Address Mapping
||Pressero Site User > Address Book > Business. If empty, then Pressero Site User > First Name + Middle Name + Last Name
||Pressero Site User > Address Book > Business
||Pressero Site User > Address Book > Address1
|Address Line 2
||Pressero Site User > Address Book > Address2
||Pressero Site User > Address Book > City
||Pressero Site User > Address Book > State
||Pressero Site User > Address Book > Zip
||Pressero Site User > Address Book > Country
||Pressero Site User > Telephone or Pressero Site User > Cell Phone
||Pressero's Site User > Email
|External reference number
||Pressero’s Site User > ID
||Pressero’s Site User > User name + Email + Name
We have integrated the Carrier Code with the Shipping Method.
Order Mapping Details
||Pressero Order Number + “:” + unique ship address number. (If order in Pressero contains multiple items and these items should be shipped to a different address. Plugin will create several orders in ShipStation. One order per shipment address.)
||Pressero's Order date
|Product total / Order total
||Sum of items related to shipment address
|Ship by date
||Pressero’s Requested Ship Date
||Constant: Awaiting Shipment
||Pressero’s Payment date (the last date if order contains more than one payment)
Order Item Mapping Details
||Selected value for product in embedded services (screenshot below)
||Pressero's item quantity
||Pressero's item tax price
||Pressero's item shipping price
Each order will contain an “Embedded Services” tab. Use this to view the integration status and in case of error, trace messages in the log.