In this chapter:
System Notifications Overview
This chapter covers how to view system notifications inside Pressero and describes what the system notifications mean. Pressero tracks four different types of system notifications and makes them available to view directly from the main menu at the top right of the admin window. You can view the most recent system notifications in a panel (up to the last 10), or click the "View All" button inside the panel to view a List Page that displays all the system notifications. The List Page allows you to sort and open the notification to view more details.
Note: System Notifications are unrelated to Email Notifications, covered in Ch. 020 Admin Users and Ch. 045 Adding/Editing Site Users.
Click the icon in the upper right corner to open the System Notifications panel (see the example below). The panel opens on the right side of the page and displays the latest system notifications (up to 10). (More on the System Notifications Panel below.)
Click the "View All" button in the panel to open the System Notifications List Page (shown below). (More on the System Notifications List Page below.)
Types of System Notifications
The following types of notifications are defined as System Notifications within Pressero.
|| Example: "Pressero Releases New System Notifications Feature"
|| Example: "Payment issue with Order 42593"
|| Example: "Failed to generate emails for Order 42593"
|| Example: "Synchronization finished for site"
The graphic below shows an example of each notification type in the panel.
Informational notifications are sent by Aleyant and may contain links to additional information about the topic.
Success Notifications signal the successful synchronization of an embedded service (example: Presswise). This notification is generated when the process finishes without errors, otherwise a "Unable to start Embedded Service Synchronization due to one or more errors" notification is generated.
Pressero errors occur when there are issues with the following:
- Embedded services
Error Notification Examples
"Failed to generate emails for the Order" - this error indicates that the order was placed in Pressero, but the "New order" email was not generated (for some reason). This notification occurs so that subscribers do not miss new orders.
"Unable to start Embedded Service Synchronization due to one or more errors" - in the event of a global order synchronization (if it was run from the Preferences level for all the subscriber's sites), some sites could be still in the synchronization process. Subscriber action: wait for all synchronizations to complete.
"Failed to generate eDocBuilder files for the Order" - this error indicates that Pressero tried to download production files from eDocBuilder but for some reason they were not available and Pressero stopped to do new attempts. Subscriber action: generate order manually.
"Failed to Push Order" - this error indicates that the order was not sent to an external system via an Embedded Services plug-in. Subscriber action: go to the related order item and check the logs on the "Embedded Services" tab. This could be the result of a network error or missed mapping. Fix issue(s) based on the error message in the log and try again manually (click "Push" button on the Embedded Service).
"Failed to send email to the recipient" - this error indicates that the email was not sent. Subscriber action: check that the user email address is valid and/or check SMTP settings, then go to Email Notifications History and re-send the email. If you are not using your own SMTP settings and you have verified that the email is correct and it is still not being delivered, contact Support for more details on why it was not delivered.
"Failed to send hook" - this error indicates that a Webhook notification was not sent to a destination server. Subscriber action: go to Admin > Preferences > Webhooks, find the related webhook and open the Logs tab to determine the reason for the error, fix, and attempt a retry.
Warnings occur in two situations:
- Taxes - A warning is generated if Pressero cannot connect to an external tax system (example: AvaTax). In this case the order will still be processed, but tax will be 0 (zero). The subscriber needs to check connection credentials.
- Payments - A warning is generated if Pressero cannot register payment for an order. The order was placed and paid for, but for some reason (example: network), this payment was not registered in Pressero (it is still unpaid). The subscriber needs to check that the order is really paid with the payment provider and mark orders as Paid manually.
System Notifications Panel
The System Notifications Panel displays (up to) the last 10 unread system notifications generated.
- X - Clicking the "X" in the upper right corner of the panel to closes the panel; clicking the "X" next to the notification title marks the notification as "Read" and removes it from the panel. (Note: Marking the system notification as "Read" does not delete it; all "Read" notifications are still visible in the List View.
- View All - Click "View All" to open the System Notifications List Page.
- Mark () as Read - Only "Unread" notifications are visible in the panel. Clicking "Mark as Read" marks all notifications in the panel as "Read" and removes them from the panel.
The parts of the System Notifications Panel are shown below:
System Notifications List Page
The System Notifications List Page displays a list of all system notifications in the order received. The list page allows you to sort by Type or Read/Unread, and to view notification details.
- Type - The Type drop-down allows you to select between Informational, Error, Warning or Success notifications to sort the list.
- Status - The Status drop-down allows you to select between Unread and Read notifications to sort the list.
- Filter - Click the Filter button to sort the list based on the Type and/or Status selections.
- Mark All Read - Marks all system notifications as "Read" in a single click.
- - Click the "eye" icon to open the details window for the system notification. Below is an example:.
The parts of the System Notifications List Page are shown below:
Setting Permissions for System Notifications
System Notification permissions are set in Admin Groups. See Ch. 021 Admin Groups.
Knowledge Base Articles related to System Notifications