tFlow performs many complex operations on print files in order to check, proof, and prepare them for production printing. As you might imagine, these operations have the potential to consume plenty of server resources. Sadly, it's difficult to predict just how much RAM or CPU cycles processing might require. Factors include:
- The size of the file: The larger the file, the longer it will take to process.
- The number of pages: More pages will take more time, especially to create raster preview images of each page.
- Complexity: How the print file is structured internally has a significant impact on resources. For example, a 1 MB file filled with vectors may require more time than a 50 MB file filled with raster images.
- Number of tFlow operations: More checks and more fixes yield better results, but do require more from the server.
- Conversion to PDF format from raster image formats
To provide fair and stable performance with our hosted plans, we allow unlimited usage as long as the usage fits within a defined level of server resources (CPU and RAM). The tFlow Enterprise plan provides a dedicated server, running Linux, which includes 16 GB RAM and 4 vCPU's.
The Professional plan is provided on a a dedicated server and it is limited to 4 GB of RAM and 2 vCPU's.
We can also offer you additional RAM or CPU on an Enterprise instance of tFlow at a nominal cost. Please contact us if you would like to upgrade your Enterprise instance of tFlow.