As of the release of 8/29/2019, Pressero supports using Google reCAPTCHA to secure forms on your Pressero sites. This functionality is included with your Pressero account, and can be enabled on any site. You need to have a Google account so you can log in to the reCAPTCHA admin console and generate the keys that are needed to set up your Pressero account to use reCAPTCHA.
1. Go to the Google reCAPTCHA admin console: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/
2. Click the + button to create and register a new site
3. For reCAPTCHA type, choose reCAPTCHA v2.
4. Enable the "I'm not a robot" option.
5. Enter your site domain or address, make sure your account is listed under Owners and accept the terms of service. You will be taken to a page that will show your Site Key and your Secret Key values that are needed for setup in the Pressero admin.
- Your registration is restricted to the domains you enter here, plus any subdomains. In other words, a registration for example.com also registers subdomain.example.com. A valid domain requires a host and must not include any path, port, query or fragment.
6. In the Pressero admin, go to Preferences > General Settings and check "Enable reCAPTCHA Integration." Enter the "Site Key" and "Secret Key" values from your reCAPTCHA site setup window in step #5 above.
7. Click "Save."
You can enable site specific reCAPTCHA for all the domain and its sub domains that are listed in domain section of Google's Register New Site page
9. Try going to the create account page for your site; the reCAPTCHA controls should show at the bottom below the input fields.
- For B2C sites: you will be able to see the reCAPTCHA on the pages that are associated with forms.
Note: If you see the error "ERROR for site owner: Invalid key type" in the reCAPTCHA control, redo steps 1-3 and choose reCAPTCHA v2 for the reCAPTCHA Type. Pressero does not support reCAPTCHA v3.