If I make changes to an existing template, will those changes be inherited by existing orders?
Changes made to the template will not retroactively change any property values to non-user-entry fields of a prior-created session if at least one update has been performed on that session. The first update that happens "seals" any non-user-entry values. Therefore sessions that have not been updated at least once will use the latest version of a template, including changes made after the session was created.
Additionally, the following items will be captured during the first session-update, and will not receive changes made to the template, post-session-capture:
- Entered/Selected Text or Image (Including Default Graphics and Static Text values)
- Font Size
- Font Style: Bold
- Font Style: Italic
- Font Style: Underline
- Text Leading
- Text Tracking
- Text Alignment
- Image Alignment
- Text Direction
- Field Size (dimensions and position)
- Page Number (which page the field is on)
- Field Shape
- Fill Color
- Stacking Order
- Field Rotation
- Image Border (Width, Color, and Enabled)
- Font Outline (Thickness, Color, and Enabled)
- Font Effect (all parameters)
Changes made to a template after the session has been captured to items outside of this list, will retroactively apply to prior sessions.
Example: Field Usage and Image Fit Type changes will retroactively apply to prior sessions.