Now that you have completed the upload of your template assets, you will need to understand navigation through eDocBuilder for completion of your template. Before going into one specific template we will look at the available tabs choices. Information set in these areas will be available for all your templates and will change the way that your individual eDocBuilder administrative area behaves.
The majority of settings for building and editing your templates will be found under the “Templates” tab. This is the area visible when you first log into eDocBuilder. In this area you can create new templates, duplicate templates, and search on templates you have in your account. You can search by either the template name in the Search Templates box or by the type (Forms or Interactive Designer) in the Template Type box. You will see a preview of the first page of your master PDF that was uploaded when you created the template along with the name you assigned to it. To help identify and link the template in your website later, make sure to give each template a unique name.
Below each template in this window you will see four choices:
- Pencil/paper icon is to edit. Clicking the pencil icon opens the Template Editor, to navigate the user to the Assets page.
- The play icon is to test. The arrow icon will open the eDoc user interface in a new window, for testing purposes.
- The trash icon is to delete the template from the main view. The trash icon omits the template from the screen display and disables it in the system. Deleted templates may be retrieved by selecting "Deleted" in the "View" drop-down on the templates page and clicking the "Undelete" button.
Important: eDocBuilder automatically REMOVES deleted templates kept in "Deleted" state for longer than six months.
- The clone icon is to duplicate the template. The duplication icon creates a copy of the template. Clicking it opens a window where you can specify a new template name and click "Duplicate."
If your plan includes the Live Chat support, you can start a conversation with one of our support reps right from the eDoc admin. If you see that it is "offline" this means it is off hours and there are no support reps available to help you. You can still use this link to reach our support team to submit a ticket.
At the very top of the Templates page, use the Units menu to define the units of measure throughout eDocBuilder. The available options are: Points, Inches, Feet, Microns, Mm, Cm, and M. All measurements (page sizes, field sizes, and imposition widths and heights) are expressed in whichever unit you select here. Only font size remains in points no matter what is selected.
eDocBuilder allows you to create and save imposition schemes that you can later assign to your templates. You will create the different imposition schemes in this area. To learn more about setting up the imposition schemes go to: http://support.aleyant.com/KB/a177/ch-023-imposition.aspx
Font and Image Library Page
eDocBuilder allows you to have a centralized library for images and fonts which will be available for use in multiple templates. This area can be accessed in the Library tabs.
Color Palettes Page
In eDocBuilder you can create and save Color Palettes that you can selectively utilize throughout your templates. To learn more about using Color Palettes in your templates go to: http://support.aleyant.com/KB/a179/ch-024-color-palettes.aspx
You will find a list of production PDF files for orders that have been placed in the storefront as well as test orders you have placed in the eDocBuilder administrative testing area. Before making a template available to your customers you will want to test the template by creating a test order and downloading the production PDF. To learn more about the Orders area go to: http://support.aleyant.com/KB/a180/ch-025-orders-tab.aspx
- Each template can be assigned to a unique category to help you organize your template library. Create and Delete categories on this page.
- When you get started you are given a main username and password for the master login. You may add, edit and delete additional users to your account in this area as well as set the permissions for each of the users.
A link to this Support Portal is given. You will find hundreds of Knowledge Base articles as well as this documentation and training videos to help you learn the system.