The Pressero Premier DS (Dedicated Server) plan provides an optimal combination of performance and security utilizing dedicated server resources. It offers an alternative to the shared server used by the other Pressero plans.
The Pressero Premier DS plan actually delivers three distinct servers provisioned for your instance of Pressero (along with its included eDocBuilder):
- Server 1 (Windows Server): Pressero and eDocBuilder applications
- Server 2 (Linux): Microsoft SQL Server
- Server 3 (Linux): Firewall, reverse proxy, and caching
- Hardware resources dedicated to your company. With a dedicated instance, you don't need to worry if the activities of other users will impact the performance of your instance of Pressero & eDocBuilder. You receive the full benefit of hardware resources dedicated to your company. Remember that cloud applications generally are multi-tenant, meaning servers are shared.
- Higher API rate limits. With a dedicated instance, we can increase the rate limit or remove it completely. For sophisticated integrations using our API, the rate limits on the shared instance of Pressero and eDocBuilder may cause headaches.
- Strategically delayed updates. This allows plenty of time for any problems with new releases to be corrected before you receive the upgrade. Your instance will receive Pressero and eDocBuilder updates 1 week after the primary shared instance.
- Enhanced security. In addition to our many standard security benefits, you will receive:
- The database will be dedicated to your data, the database is not shared with other instances.
- You will be assigned a dedicated IP address instead of sharing one with others.
- We can make minor firewall adjustments for your instance, such as blocking traffic from certain regions or the world or only allowing certain IP addresses
- Reduced latency. You can select a location closer to you for reduced latency. The dedicated servers are hosted on Amazon's global network of AWS locations consisting of many points of presence worldwide, including locations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
- Other benefits. The dedicated server plan has additional feature benefits unrelated to the dedicated server hardware. Asks your Pressero rep for details
Migration Timing for Existing Pressero Accounts
If upgrading from an existing Pressero (with eDocBuilder) shared server account, we will work with you to find a good time for the migration to the dedicated servers. Depending on the amount of data, your migration should take only a few hours.
Affect on Your Customers
There should be no effect on your customers, though they may notice an increase in responsiveness depending on their ISP, etc.
This is a hardware change only. Support will be handled in the usual ways via pressero or eDocBuilder admin chat or using the support ticketing system.