To set up integration with UPS, follow the directions below to obtain credentials for the UPS V2 Carrier fields (shown above).
- First, register for a UPS Online Tools account here.
- Create an application to obtain the Client Id and Client Secret.
- Follow the prompts to fill out the account form.
- Copy your Client Id, Client Secret and Enable Rating API.
Please Note: Pressero integrates directly with UPS. There is no need for a Callback URL.
IMPORTANT: you must ensure that you enable the Rating API during the application setup process.
When viewing your completed Pressero App Info / Credentials page, if you check under the Product In Use section, you should see a row called "Rating" with the value "Approved" (as in the previous image).
If you do not, please re-initiate the process to obtain new credentials, and ensure you enable the Rating API. If the Rating API is not enabled, you will experience issues successfully pulling shipment rates for all sites actively using any UPS V2 shipping method.
- Note the User Account Number you have with UPS.
- Once you have your Client ID, Client Secret, and User Account Number, go to Admin > Preferences > Shipping > Carrier Accounts, scroll to UPS V2 and enter the values in the box.
- Click "Save."
To set up the UPS Freight integration, you will need to work with our support team to take your freight account from test to development mode.
Follow these steps:
- First, register for a UPS Online Tools account here
- Create an application to obtain Client Id and Client Secret.
- Fill account form
- Copy your Client Id, Client Secret and Enable Freight Rating API.
- Also, note the User Account Number you have with UPS.
- Once you have your Client Id, Client Secret, and User Account Number, go to Admin > Preferences > Shipping > Carrier Accounts, scroll to UPS Freight V2 and enter the values in the box.
- Click "Save."
UPS (V1, old version)
Going forward, you should not be using the old UPS integration shown below. (As you can see it's just called "UPS" without the V2 beside it.) New UPS integrations should be made using the UPS V2 integration instead, and existing UPS integrations should also be upgraded to use UPS (V2).
If you do not upgrade to UPS (V2), eventually your UPS shipping rate lookup will stop working for your customers once the old method is phased out.
Below is shown for historic purposes only and this functionality will be removed in the near future from Pressero.