Roles are sets of permissions which define which actions users will be able to perform in tFLOW. All users are automatically assigned to a role when created, and default permissions for site owners as well as customers generally work well by default, but you can use the Role Manager to modify permissions or create additional Roles.
To access the Role Manager, click on the settings icon in the upper right of the window and select Roles:
You may edit any role by clicking on the role in the list or the Edit icon at the end of each role row. To create a new role, click the blue ADD ROLE button at the bottom of the page. The role configuration window is divided into three tabs: Main, Member Users, and Permissions.
- Company – Defines which company the current role will be available for. Roles are company specific so that you can change the permissions for any company without affecting others. To choose a company for this role, click on the Select button to the right and select a company from the list.
- Name – Enter a descriptive name so that you will be able to locate and assign this role correctly in user profiles.
- Description – Enter any text which will help to identify what purpose this role serves.
- Default – Click this checkbox to set this role as default for any new user being created in the company this role belongs to.
This tab displays a list of all users in the company selected on the Main tab. If this window is empty, go back to the Main tab and make sure you have selected a company. Select any users from the list which you would like to use this Role. Note that the selection here will override the current user role (visible in the user Profile).
Defines the actions available to any users this role is assigned to.
- Apply permission preset – allows selection of a series of permissions predefined from different user types. Select any preset to view the permission settings via the checkboxes below. If no preset fully corresponds to your needs, you may select a preset and then click or un-click any of the permission checkboxes to activate and deactivate permissions.
- Workflow Permissions - There are three workflows available in tFLOW (see section Workflow for more information on workflows), and each can be configures with different permissions. Typically, settings will be similar or the same for each workflow.
- Upload Artwork – Allows the user to upload artwork files to jobs.
- Approve Jobs – Allows the user to click the Approve Button for any job they are assigned to
- Send Jobs to production – (tFLOW Enterprise only) Permits user to send approved jobs to tBOT production queues, which are usually connected to RIP and imposition systems.
- Upload Proofs – tFLOW generates proofs automatically, but in some cases, the tFLOW generated proof needs to be replaced (3D render, project view of large orders, etc.) with a new proof. This permission enables this user to replace the tFLOW proof with a new file.
- UI Application Permissions – these permissions define which options and buttons will appear for the user, and which actions they are permitted to take from within the system interface.
- Manage advanced order parameters – Orders have basic and advanced configuration tabs. The advanced tab allows the user to define the order workflow type, product selection, which site owner users are assigned to the order, proofing, preflighting, finishing, and production queues.
- Manage basic order parameters - Allows the user to configure general order settings such as order number, ship date, description, splitting scheme, which customer users are assigned to the order, and other settings.
- Admin Orders - Allows the user to Delete and Archive orders
- Manage advanced job parameters – Jobs have basic and advanced configuration tabs. The advanced tab allows the user to define the product selection, which site owner users are assigned to the order, proofing, preflighting, finishing, and production queues.
- Manage basic job parameters – Allows the user to configure general job settings such as job number, ship date, description, notes, print width and height, quantity, which customer users are assigned to the order, and other settings.
- Admin Jobs – Allows the user to Delete and Archive jobs
- Admin Users – Allows user access to the User Manager to add, edit and delete users
- Manage comments – Allows creation, edition and deletion of one’s own comments
- Read comments – Allows read only of comments
- Admin companies – Allows user access to the Company Manager to add, edit and delete companies
- Admin companies – Allows user access to the Role Manager to add, edit and delete roles
- Download Preflight Report – Permits user to download a PDF of the artwork preflight summary
- Download Production File – Permits user to download the preflighted and finished artwork.
- Download Lowres PDF – tFLOW generates a low res version of the production file for proofing on a laser printer, zooming in to see small type, etc.. This permits the user to download this file.
- Download original artwork – the original artwork which was uploaded to tFLOW is saved together with the proof, lowres, production file, and preflight report. This permission allows the user to download the original.
- Admin system preferences – Allows the user to access System Settings and make general changes to tFLOW behavior.
- Modify assigned companies – Gives the user access to the assigned companies tab, allowing them to define for which companies they will see orders and jobs.
- Admin Products - Allows user access to the Product Manager to add, edit and delete products.
- Admin Automation Assets - Allows user access to the Automation Script Manager to add, edit and delete scripts and assets.
- Disable Send Invitations – if this is checked, then the user will NOT be able to send invitations for approval or viewing jobs to guests
- View Production File – Allows the user to see the fully preflighted and finished (tFLOW Enterprise only) version of the artwork. The normal view is the proof.
- View Proof – Allows the user to view the tFLOW generated proof. This is the most common view for non-site owning users
- Allow Undo – Permits the user to undo the last state change. For example, if a job has changed from Awaiting Approval to Approved, undo will return the file to Awaiting Approval. This permission only works for one state change. In the example above, it will not be available to chain another undo and return the job to another previous state before Awaiting Approval. Also, Sent to Production state is an exception. Because jobs which have been sent to production could very well be printing, this state cannot be undone.
- Clear Rush – Allows user to clear or undo the RUSH status for a job. When a RUSH is cleared, the job reverts to the normal status.
- Request Rush Job Status – changes job status to RUSH.
- View Product Values – When checked, an additional tab is displayed which shows the user the product settings used to proof, preflight and finish the artwork.
- Edit Product Values- Allows the user to view AND edit the product settings used for proof, preflight, and finishing.
Once a role has been created or edited, it can be applied to any user in the company the role was created for. To assign, you can use the Member Users tab of the role to choose the user/s you wish to apply the role to, or you may also edit the user profile and select the role from the User Role dropdown list in the Main tab.