Embedded Services in Pressero admin is an area that will be hidden unless your account is integrated with one of the external services being supported by this service. Pressero Embedded Services is compatible with the following (select the name of the provider to go directly to the Embedded Services set up page for that provider):
HP PrintOS Box
HP Site Flow
Tharstern (cXML Punchout)
Tharstern (Fully Integrated via Webhooks/Embedded Services)
Virtual Systems Midnight
Embedded Services allows synchronization of the following data with Pressero:
- Orders / Order Status
What each provider can offer will depend on the external provider API capabilities, so please check the KB article for each service to see what they can do or can't do with Pressero.
How to Access
Embedded Services is a menu option inside the Preferences panel which will be displayed after your account is set up with integration with a particular solution being supported. After the sales and DevOps teams confirm and set up your account to one of the solutions, you will need to add that solution to this area. Select Embedded Services ≥ Add new account button. A list of all services you are connected with will be shown.
Click + Add New, where you can set:
- Account Name: A name easy enough to allow you to recognize the integration
- Provider: You can select the provider you wish to connect to
- Admin User: The admin to be associated with this integration. Note: The Admin User selected my have access to the site, and products, or an invalid credentials error may occur.
After you select the Provider, a new option will be shown, called Credentials, there you'll be able to set the specific configuration for each provider; this information will be provided by the external service.
Once the account configuration is set, the integration must be activated for each site you want to integrate with, similar to how shipping and payments work today on Pressero.
Activating the Service in a Site
To activate the integration for a site, access the site settings page and a new tab will be available, Embedded Service. There, you'll be able to select the external service you want to activate. On the first access you'll have two options:
- Enable: This will enable the integration, allowing you to set special configurations when necessary at the Product, Categories and user levels;
- IsLive: This will activate the service and allow the site to consume and push data to the External service.
Once the integration is set and saved, you will have the capability to synchronize the site data, consuming the data from the external service or pushing order data.
You can check the status of the order by selecting the order either from the Admin section (all orders) (select an order from an integrated site), or from the integrated site itself ([select site] > Orders > [select an order]). The last tab is Embedded Services. After selecting the Embedded Services tab, if the bar is green, the order has been sent to the integration. If the bar is red, there is an error with the order. In the boxes below will be some information on the order failure. Use the Push Order button to resubmit the order to the integration after the error is resolved. Note: After an error and selecting the Push Order button, wait 1-2 minutes while the order is resubmitted, then refresh the page or exist and return to the page to check the status.
For an order to be pushed it must match the following requirements:
- The order is marked as paid;
- All items are Approved or have at least one approved item and all the remaining items are denied;
- All files are ready (there's no pending eDocBuilder file)
- All the order items have a valid status (example: Item with canceled status will not be pushed)
Once the order matches all the requirements, Pressero will push the order to the external service. After that a new tab will be displayed on the Order Item details page, where the user will be able to see the integration details, such as the date the item was pushed, the current status of the external service and its external ID.
If the item fails to be pushed, a button will be displayed allowing you to try to push the order manually.
Updating Order Status
Depending on the External Service this operation can be done automatically, when it's a bidirectional integration, or manually.
So if the external integration requires the user to update the status manually an option will be available on the Embedded Services tab on the site settings, allowing the user to select the synchronize option and then click on the Synchronize button. This process may take a while and the time it takes to finish the process will vary depending on the number of orders to update and the external service server status/performance.
The external Product integration provides two functionalities, that will depend on the external service:
- Product Integration: This will allow you to set a specific configuration on the product, that configuration will then be consumed by the external service;
- Product Synchronization: This will allow Pressero to download the product data from the external service, copying its data to Pressero DB;
In both scenarios a new tab will be displayed on the product, allowing you to see the integrated configuration and data.
If the item was downloaded from an external provider, the Active checkbox will be checked by default, otherwise the user will have to select this option manually. Each provider can provide or require a set of configuration settings, for more information and details check the documentation for each provider.
If the external service allow product synchronization, when you click the Synchronize button on the site settings page. Pressero will query the external service, fetch the data and perform the following operations:
- If the product exists, it will update the product information using the data from the external service.
- If it's a new Product:
- If the external service provides category information:
- If the category exists, it will associate it to the Product
- If the category does not exist, the process will create a new category on Pressero using the data provided by the external service and then associate the Product to the new category
- If the service does not offer category information, the synchronization process will set the product category as Root
- Will save the integration data on the Product, making the information available on the Embedded Service tab.
Pressero does not allow user synchronization, only integration. This means that the synchronization option is not available on the site settings page, but it's possible to set specific information and configuration settings at the user level to allow the external service to consume that data.
This integration allows Pressero to download the categories from the external service. An option will be available on the site Settings page, so when you click the Synchronize button, Pressero will query the external service, fetch the data and perform the following operations:
- If the Category exists, it will update the Category information using the data from the external service.
- If it's a new Category, the process will create a new category on Pressero using the data provided by the external service.
- Will save the integration data on the Category, making the information available on the Embedded Services tab.
- One site can be associated to more than one External Service.
- An order can be pushed to more than one external service, if this occurs there will be a unique order and order item number which is unique in the external system and/or allows the user to identify this order in the external system.
- If the item is not ready to be pushed, the Embedded Services tab will not be displayed on the Order item details page, but if you click on the Synchronize option on the site settings in the log area a message will be displayed.
- The Synchronization process is asynchronous, so the log information may not be updated immediately, taking a few minutes to update, so you will need to click on the refresh button to see the latest log information.
- The synchronization process may take a few minutes to finish; the time will vary depending on the external service performance and network connectivity.
- Credentials are provided by the external providers, so please contact them before configuring the embedded service.
- The Embedded feature is enabled by request. If you are interested in this Feature please contact the Support team.
- If a site is associated to more than one external service, when an order fails, and an error message is generated there may be multiple error messages received depending on the number of integrations.
Using the Embedded Services configuration pages you can trigger the synchronization process for all the sites that are using the embedded service, but this will only start for those sites where the integration is enabled and live. After you select the items you want to synchronize, click the Synchronize button and the process will be queued. The system will process it in the background and you can check later for the operation log. The log will be available on both the Embedded Services configuration area in Preferences, and also in the site's Embedded Services section ([select site] > Embedded Services).
The sync process cannot be canceled and will try to push all the orders placed in the last 30 days and will also try to get the item status for all the orders that were pushed to the partner previously.