PrintJobManager supports both integrated (3rd party carrier accounts such as FedEx, UPS, etc.) zone shipping (based on shipping location and weight) and non integrated shipping methods (such as pickup, delivery, etc). Every order MUST have a shipping method even if you are not using any integrated shipping carriers. Without a shipping method you will not be able to process an order Within each site you create, one or more of these Shipping Methods can be selected by you for use by your customers.
To create a Shipping Method, click on the "+ Add New" button on the upper left.
Method Name - Decide on a name that you want the customer to see in the store that represents the shipping method option you are offering. This might be FedEx Next Day, Customer Pickup at our facility, Delivery Vehicle, etc.).
Carrier - Choose from the list of integrated carriers and non-integrated options. Available:
- Canada Post
- None (Non Integrated)
Service - Based on the Carrier you chose these options will change.
- Integrated Carriers - The Drop Down will include the services that are available to you. You can create any number of Carrier/Service options.
- FedEx > Special Services. Only select services that do not conflict. For example, having "Hold at location" as well as "Inside Delivery" plus "Return Shipment" selected will prevent the proper operation of the shipping method because these are contradictory requirements. Note - Home Delivery is not yet supported. Do not select it.
- UPS > Service. Note that some Services such as UPS Ground are supported for US and Puerto Rico origins only. If you are outside the US, check the UPS website to determine which Services are available for your country. When testing, if your UPS Shipping Method returns the error "Shipment not possible: No estimate returned (service ineligible)" this could be the cause. The Shipping Method will not display in your Storefront if it is not supported for your country.
- UPS > Packaging. Note that some Packaging types work for certain UPS services and not for others. "None”, or “Your Packaging" should be selected for UPS Ground. Do not select "Box" for UPS Ground. “Box” only works for UPS Air, UPS 2nd Day, etc. If your UPS Shipping Method does not display in your Storefront, this would likely be the cause.
- Non-Integrated- Either choose one of the non-integrated service options we list, or simply choose "non-integrated option." What you charge (if you charge anything) will be set in the other fields.
- Non-Integrated Zone - This shipping type is based on shipping location and product weight, but is not tied to any of our integrated shipping partners.
Above is a screenshot of the non-integrated shipping method.
Setting up the non-integrated shipping method
Handling Charge - If you want to add a handling charge to the shipping method enter it here, otherwise leave it to zero. The customer will not know that there is a handling charge included and it will not be displayed on a separate line item in the shopping cart. The fee will be rolled into the final shipping cost they see.
Markup % - If you would like the price from the carrier to be marked up by a percentage amount, enter it here. Do not type in the % symbol. Example: 15% should be entered as .15.
Minimum Charge - If you want to make sure all orders have at least a certain amount, no matter what comes back from the carrier, enter it here. Example: If you want to make sure shipping is at least $10 but the carrier cost comes back at $5, the fee will be shown as $10.00.
Maximum Weight Per Package - If you need to specify a specific weight per package enter it here, otherwise you can leave this blank. Integrated shipping carriers already have the maximum package amounts built into their integrated costs. This is used when you need to specify something specific for your product needs.
Note: setting the Max weight to zero will likely prevent the display of any integrated shipping methods and may prevent checkout since many of them have minimum weights.
Minimum Weight - If you want this particular shipping method to appear as a choice for orders over a certain amount, enter the minimum weight here.
Maximum Weight - If you want this particular shipping method to appear as a choice for orders under a certain amount, enter the maximum weight here.
Package Dimensions - This will appear for shipping methods in which UPS or FedEx is selected as the carrier. Beginning in 2015, both carriers will increase the pricing on packages that do not have dimensions specified. These settings are optional. However, you will receive better pricing by providing package dimensions. You will need to enter the length, width and height of the package in the corresponding field.
Free Shipping - You have the option to offer free shipping if the total price of the order is over a certain amount. Since an order can have multiple shipping addresses for the various items within the order, by selecting "For Destination" in the "Free Shipping" field, you can choose to only offer free shipping if the total amount going to a specific destination exceeds the threshold you set in the "If More Than" field.
Editing a Shipping Method
Select the pencil icon next to the Shipping Method's Name to edit a Shipping Method. The edit window will display. You can review the Shipping Method details and settings. Click Save after making any changes.
Deleting/Undeleting a Shipping Method
Click the Delete icon to the left of the Shipping Method to delete a Shipping Method.
To reactivate a deleted shipping method Click the Edit pencil icon and then click Save to un-delete a Shipping Method.
If you have questions or need help, please open a support ticket by selecting this link Aleyant Support