The focus of this release is to create the Web-to-Print platform of the future. At a time when most of our competitors just continue to extend legacy code, we have re-invested in Pressero with the goal of providing you with an amazing solution for years to come.
As part of this process we have rewritten hundreds of thousands of lines of code. Web technologies have evolved significantly over the last 5 years and we wanted to make sure we put Pressero in the best position to capitalize on those changes. We have introduced relatively few new features, as our goal was to leverage new technologies and programming methodologies to build a firm foundation for the future.
While our focus was on the architecture of the system rather than creating new features, we couldn’t help but provide some new capabilities along the way. Here are some things you will see:
- Responsive Design Admin. The Pressero admin will use responsive design in version 6. With the exception of the report manager and the file manager, you will be able to manage all aspects of Pressero directly from a desktop or mobile device. Because of this, the look and feel you are used to will be updated.
- PDF Job Tickets. We have replaced our existing HTML based job tickets with PDF reports. This will allow for better pagination control, which means fewer pages will print out for you.
- Scheduled Reporting. The report writer has been completely rewritten as well. The new tool will allow you to define reports and have them automatically run on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual basis (Pro and Enterprise plans only). You can also share reports among admin users and set permissions for which admin users can see which reports. For more information click here to see the documentation article.
- Storefront Reports for your customers. We also added the new report writer in B2B storefronts. You may optionally give your customers the ability to create their own order reports directly from their b2b storefronts.
- Manage Budgets from storefront. New site group permissions were added to allow you to give site users the ability to view and manage any budget on the site, including budgets that would not be available to that user during the checkout process. For more information click here to see the documentation article.
- Instant updates. There will no longer be a wait for email notifications to go out, or to see status update changes on your orders page and no more need for clearing your cache to see changes you made to your storefronts.
- Manage multiple shipments. You will now be able to manage multiple shipments per order item in your orders “item detail” area of admin.
- Payment Provider errors. You can now choose to display a provider error message in the storefront when a credit card payment fails. If you prefer, you can also choose to override this message with a custom message you create.
- All new API available for Pressero using REST instead of SOAP. If you are interested in learning more about this, click here: http://admin.chi.v6.pressero.com/docs/api/
- Changes to FTP access settings. Clients who are using custom skinning on their Pressero sites are issued login credentials to the Pressero FTP server for skin modifications. We also setup FTP access for clients wishing to directly access, for instance, their Uploads folder, or Webfiles folder for hosting various other files on their site.
All users wishing to connect to our FTP server will need to make a change to the ftp they are connecting to. See this article for details: http://support.aleyant.com/kb/a613/changes-to-ftp-access-settings-for-v6-customers.aspx
What do you need to know?
- To access the admin, use http://admin.chi.v6.pressero.com. Please note that this login address is temporary while we transition all Pressero customer to v6. When we have completed this transition you will use http://admin.chi.pressero.com. We will provide an automatic redirect at that time.
- v5 Saved Reports in the Report Writer. Please note that any reports you have saved in the report writer in version 5 will no longer be accessible. Because this feature was completely re-written you will need to recreate and save your reports. We do apologize for that inconvenience but hope you find the trade-off worth it for the new scheduling feature we added.
- Saved Order View. The addition of the new responsive design support requires that you reorganize your orders view and re-save.
- Additional questions or help needed? Please open a ticket at http://support.aleyant.com and select the department “Pressero Support for Version 6”.