Split shipping is supported two ways:
- Multiple Products. When two or more products are added to the shopping cart, each product will have its own Ship To menu enabling each to be shipped to a different location. When you are logged into a Pressero site with your account, you can click on the icon or menu item for the shopping cart, and review all the items in cart. The Ship To address can be chosen for each item in the order. The locations that show here can be added to the site user account profile, or can be added to the Pressero account under Settings > Location. Please note: You have an option to turn off the ability for customers to ship items in their cart to more than one address. If you'd like to limit them to only one address, uncheck the option "Allow items to ship to separate addresses" found at: Admin > Products > [select product] > General tab > Shopping cart section.
- Single Product. For split shipment of a single product, there are three methods:
- Add the Product Once for Each Location. If the same product needs to be split shipped to, say, three locations, add the product to the cart three times. Then select the Ship To location for each.
- Location List File Upload. If the product to be split shipped needs to be added once to qualify for a quantity price break, add a "Shipping List" file upload to the product and add an instruction in the Description area. Customers can use the file upload to attach their list of split ship locations and how they want the quantity split among them.
- Location List Form. Alternatively, add a Form to the product's Description area that collects the split shipment location and quantity allotment details.
Please note that for the Location List File Upload and the Location List Form options for using a Single Product, a single product can only have one shipping destination in the Pressero system. Therefore, if you have turned on the display shipping address location list setting in a B2B site or in a B2C site, the user will only be able to select a single shipping location on the product detail page and/or the shopping cart page. Allowing the user to enter various shipping locations on a form or in a file upload would not be reflected in this shipping drop down list. This could potentially cause confusion for your users.