Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps, such as Gmail, Slack, MailChimp, and over 750 more. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration. Move info between your web apps automatically, so you can focus on your most important work.
Pressero is one of those apps you can connect to through Zapier. Some of the popular apps you might want to connect to Pressero might be:
Currently the Pressero integration is in a beta phase. If you would like to try this out for yourself we will need to send you an invitation. Please create a support ticket
and ask for us to send out an invite. Once you receive the invitation, follow the steps at the end of this document on how to get started.
If you need to contact support
With over 750 apps Zapier has available, we are not able to document how to set up the possible Zaps or help you set up your various zaps. But, Zapier has a great Learning Center
that you can use to learn how to get started along with many examples of popular Zaps that you can use. Links you may find helpful:
You may also want to check out our past Webinar using Aleyant PrintJobManager with Zapier. Select here to visit our webinar library.
The title of the webinar is: NEW! Gain Efficiencies with A Customized End-to-End Production and Business Workflow From Aleyant PrintJobManager™ MIS/ERP & Zapier
If you find any specific problems with the Pressero app please submit a support ticket with the following detail:
- Which Zap is not working (this is the name you gave the zap in your account)
- Please describe your issue so we can help:
- What is happening?
- What do you expect to happen?
- Is there an example that illustrates the problem?
If possible, include a screenshot (or video) of the issue and/or the timestamp in your browser timezone if applicable
- Find the example in your task history
- Copy the URL from the specific task
- An error that was displayed if applicable
- What was the last thing you did before the issue happened?
Common Terms: Learn to Speak Zapier
A Zap is an automated workflow between your apps. For example, you may have a Zap that saves your Gmail attachments to Dropbox and another Zap that saves emails that you star in Gmail to a text file. Zaps consist of at least two parts: a Trigger and one or more Actions.
A Trigger is the event in an app that starts the Zap. Once you set up a Zap, Zapier will monitor the app for that event. For the "Save Gmail attachments to Dropbox" example, you can receive a lot of emails through your Gmail account, but the Zap is not triggered until an email contains an attachment.
The Action is the event that completes the Zap. For the Gmail to Dropbox Zap example, the action is saving the Gmail attachment to Dropbox.
Pressero Triggers and Actions
Each application has its own set of Triggers and Actions that are available for you to use. Refer to each individual app you are interested in for the list they support. For Pressero, we currently have the following triggers and actions available for you to use.
Triggers (something that happens in Pressero that will start the app):
- Payment Received - Triggers when Pressero receives the payment for the order
- Order Updated - Triggers when an order is updated
- Order Item Updated - Triggers when an item in the order is updated
- Order Item Status Change - Triggers when the status of an item in the order changes
- New Site User - Triggers when a new site user is created
- New Site - Triggers when a New Site is created
- Updated Site User - Triggers when a site user detail is updated
- Order Placed - Triggers when Pressero receives a new order
Actions (things that can happen in Pressero based on a trigger from another app):
- Adds a New Shipment - Adds a shipment to a Pressero Order
- Creates a New User - Creates a new user on Pressero using the provided data
- Update Order Item Status - Updates an order item status on Pressero
- Adds a Payment - Adds a Payment to an Order
Responding to your invitation sent from support:
As mentioned above, the Pressero integration with Zapier is in a beta phase. Until we have customers using each of the triggers and actions we make available, Zapier will keep us in this phase to make sure that any issues are worked out. This is a great policy that ensures the apps you are setting up are working as expected. Contact our support team
and ask for your invitation to setup Pressero in Zapier. Follow the steps below once that invitation is sent to you:
1. Select the link provided to you in your welcome email.
2. Login to Zapier or Create an Account
3. Accept the invitation from Zapier.
4. Enter in your Pressero administration credentials and select the server your account is on (Chicago, Amsterdam or Singapore).
5. Start creating your Zaps!